Suicide Switch

• There has been a lot of talk about sensor issues and the fear of it failing at high speed. A solution might be to wire in a suicide switch in parallel. Basically wires from the controller with a spring loaded push button switch on the other end. While you are holding the button down it manually shorts the sensor switches preventing the board from shutting off from your feet moving too far off the sensor pads. Release and the board goes back to normal.

Anything wireless I would think could lead to the original issue. The wiring could all be done in the controller wiring/connector area and a plug could be installed on the frame there so it can be installed or removed easily.

Personally I don't think it's needed and the wire would probably get in the way but then again I have never had issues with my sensors, but for those who have or for someone really doing some crazy sh!t it could be helpful.

I know this has been mentioned before but this is a solution we can do our self and not rely on FM as they are clearly not motivated to improve the software for OWv1.

• Ironically, the very first boards while in development had a physical switch, similar to what you describe.

• Ya I saw those. I figured for this application the switch being on the pad would introduce the same failure point of your foot coming off the switch though.

There was just another thread about a run away board. Now I'm thinking add an additional function. Wire a safety loop through the connector at the board. Now in addition to being able to keep the board from shutting off if your feet come off while doing tricks etc.. If the board gets away while you are holding the tether the plug disconnects and opens both sensor circuits and shuts the board off. Wire is still a PITA.

• @wr420 said in Suicide Switch:

Ya I saw those. I figured for this application the switch being on the pad would introduce the same failure point of your foot coming off the switch though.

There was just another thread about a run away board. Now I'm thinking add an additional function. Wire a safety loop through the connector at the board. Now in addition to being able to keep the board from shutting off if your feet come off while doing tricks etc.. If the board gets away while you are holding the tether the plug disconnects and opens both sensor circuits and shuts the board off. Wire is still a PITA.

Funny. I just posted about a safety tether that would disconnect the power to the wheel, myself :-P I've been suggesting such, since I got the board.

• Convert to the plus sensor when available

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.