16mph Pushback Motor Noise

• I'm so stoked with my onewheel, just got a question to understand it better.

When i hit pushback at 16mph, anytime i lean forward the motor makes kind of a clunking noise. It's low pitch, almost like clicking. Not sure what it is, but is it normal? The noise is pretty loud, and i can feel it under my feet

• A little while ago mine started making noise intermittently under heavy load (acceleration or deceleration). After I had worked on it it seemed to go away. I think the motor just needed to be re-seated.
    Next time it starts making noise I'll try loosening all 4 large hex screws around the axle and then re-tightening them.

• It's normal

• Normal... At 15mph+ you have to be so much smoother with gaining speed and just in general.. remember this is sefl balancing so has to speed up/slow down to correct you.. at slower speed this is less noticeable but it's doing more correcting at higher speeds...

Flow like water my friend ;)

• @Zen.Potatoes Ah i see. You gotta make much smaller movements so your motor isn't going ham to keep up.
    Thanks!

• Ta.... just to say... this is just my theory based on observation, but being smooth def plays a part when trying to gain speed beyond 16+mph.... but this of course wont be the cause of all motor noise/chatter..

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.