Onewheel day/weekend hire

• So here's a question, if you could fly into a country and hire a OW for a day what would you be willing to pay?

And more importantly would you consider the option of hiring for a day, a weekend?

The cost would have to include an insurance premium but taking into account you can't fly with them all too easily, if there was a hire site in most major cities in countries across the world would you go for it?

Thanks

• If "hire" is the same as "rent," maybe $25 a day?

• I may be. Working on the flying issue ;) keep your fingers crossed

• @Jimmers75 I know of two european centers that work with rental. They charge between 15 and 20 euro per half hour.

• $25 a day seems a little too low to me.

Here in So Cal, ~ $25 per day should get you a bike rental (+/- $5).

A surfboard probably costs ~ $35 per day to rent.

I could see OW rentals being more like $30 - $40 per hour. Maybe $50 or so for two hours?

• @arc918 I actually live in SoCal. Bike rentals on the Santa Monica boardwalk are $15/day. Or you can rent a pickup from UHaul for $19.99 a day or a car from Enterprise for $29.95 a day. Both of those cost about 10x more than a Onewheel, so I'd say $25 a day sounds about right.

• As a customer, I'd be really happy if somebody would rent me a OW for $25 a day! If I was on the rental business side, I'd be looking for more than $25 per day (just based on supply & demand).

I think car rentals are their own animal (from an economic standpoint). I see OW as something more in line with a Segway or SeaDoo or other specialty item.

Just my $.02, as I wait anxiously for my OW+ to be built.

Hope to meet up with you for a ride at Santa Monica in the future.

• @arc918 Segways rent for $84/day, but those stupid things cost $6k!

Let's say a dealer buys a fleet of Onewheels for $1,000 each (or whatever wholesale cost is for V1), then rents them out for $25/day for 2 months, then sells them all for $900/apiece, and buys a whole new fleet for renting. They'd make $1,400 off each Onewheel every two months!

And yeah, I hope to make it to another Santa Monica/LA meetup soon!

• I have thought about doing this type of rental at the jersey shore but I see too many liabilities/issues with people just taking them out on the streets. For one too high of a learning curve for a lot of people to really get a chance to enjoy it, which in turn can make it dangerous on the street. second would be that the battery life does kind of suck for this type of application. A potential customer may be turned off by the fact that they have to spend half of their rental charging the board. I have a few other ideas that I have been throwing around that would be a workaround for those issues but I have to keep them to myself for the time being.

• @ahxe45

Agree about the liability.
    But battery wouldn't be an issue I don't think.
    In fact, the fast charging may even be helpful.

I agree with @thegreck about the $25 per day.
    Anything more, people would consider rental fee to price of OW ratio.
    Like $15 a day for a bicycle is smart considering you could pick up a used bike from CL for 50 bucks or so.

Liability insurance and deposit on OW and you have a winner idea.

• $75 a day seems more reasonable to me, if you want to profit at all.

The price from http://www.rentonewheel.tk for 4 hours is about $86, in Croatia. They are renting for periods as short as 15 minutes for $11.50.

It's $60 to rent a Boosted board in SF for eight hours.

You are not going to get tons of business.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.