Should FM grant/ give us V1 users a safer ride with an UPGRADE FOOTPAD SET

• @timvdp gotcha I thought you were suggesting guilting them into a pad recall or something. Sorry I misunderstood. I'm all for footpad modification and evolution it only adds to this amazing new sport! Happy modding 🤘➖🌎➖🤙

• v2 footpads look like they're compatible with v1 Onewheels, so once FM makes them available for purchase you'll be able to do the upgrade yourself (and remember to get a pair of matching v2 bumpers). See this post.

• Agreed! THey should at least sell the footpads

• They wouldn't do that their onewheel+ sales would go way down... they wouldn't make the + footpads work with the v1 either, loss of sales right there.

• @OffRoadOW I doubt they would lose any sales. In the long run they will probably make more money. I think a lot of V1 owners are like myself and are not going to upgrade until they come out with a true V2 with significant differences from the V1. I would totally buy the plus footpads though as I'm sure all other current V1 owners would as well. More than likely they are going to stop making the V1 in the near future so I would assume it would be more cost effective from a production standpoint to make the parts interchangeable.

• They will sell the footpads for the plus at some point. At that point people will simply put them on the V1. Anyone that wants plus pads on their V1 will have them as soon as they catch up to production on this new board. Yes, we will have to pay for them. No petition needed.

• @ahxe45 thy are sending out tons of pluses my order was order number 8157 or something like that, and we ordered within a couple days of the releasing the plus. They wouldent sell as many pluses if you could just buy plus footpads for your old one. alot of orders would be cancles and not as many would be ordered instead of just buying the same experience on your v1 but a bit noisier bit unsmooth (I have gone faster on the v1 than the plus...) but nobody is gonna drop 1500 rather than 75...

• @OffRoadOW I pretty much got confirmation from them the other day that the pads will be backwards compatible. They didn't directly say it but they also did not say flat out no they will not be backwards compatible. I was asking when they would be available for purchase because I need new pads for my v1 and they said "while I am not allowed to confirm that the plus pads will work with the v1 if you can hold out a few more weeks they will be available to purchase separately." So that to me pretty much means yes.

• @OffRoadOW also your order number has nothing to do with the amount of boards sold. They did not sell 8 thousand pluses before you ordered trust me. Those order numbers are for literally everything they sell from a pair of socks to a v1 and who knows how long they keep those numbers going. I know it my company we started at 0 on opening day and still have the order numbers going past 700,000 3 years later so that may be a lifetime sales number or it could have a completely different meaning that only fm knows but I can almost certainly say that is not the amount of pluses sold.

• Just saw that you are able to purchase the Plus bumpers now so hopefully the footpads will be available for purchase soon as well so I can put them on my v1.

• @ahxe45
    they've been for sale since the beginning but they are using the picture from the v1!? a few more months i guess when... more new + owners demand supplies for their boards ;)

• @timvdp The plus bumpers were not for sale the last time I checked about a week or two ago as far as I remember.

• @ahxe45 said in Should FM grant/ give us V1 users a safer ride with an UPGRADE FOOTPAD SET:

Just saw that you are able to purchase the Plus bumpers now so hopefully the footpads will be available for purchase soon as well so I can put them on my v1.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.