Wrecked

• @Earthpilot The pluses aren't compatible with the existing app, but I was informed that all pluses are shipping preset in extreme mode. So, yes.

• A guy has a youtube video where explains to sonny123 that he couldn't show higher speeds since he is still in classic mode. He probably doesnt know.

• Sounds like you were in Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FBAGx-ltNg

• good vid, thanks Tony

• The bottomline, ignoring the specifics of your case, is that this happens to everyone. You get over confident and you wipe early on (and later on). Just like a bike, rollerblades, a skateboard, etc falling is part of the equation.

• I posted this a couple of days ago... You might take a gander
    http://community.onewheel.com/topic/6599/riding-tips-for-beginners

• if you're very new to OW, it could be you're doing too much too soon.
    Call it initialization which most of us had a fall or 2.
    Build up confidence very gradually.
    It takes time to get comfortable with it.
    The good thing is that it's plenty of fun even at slow speed.

• Thanks guys! Just went for another ride. This thing is stupid fun! Couldn't replicate the issue again, but I did catch myself pushing the acceleration a bit. I'm fairly convinced it's something I did, I just didn't think I had done anything wrong at the time so it really caught me off guard. I must have just gotten overly confident and pushed right through the acceleration curve into the ground.

I'm going to mess with the manual shaping suggestions mentioned to see if I can work out with confidence which mode I was in during the wreck.

• @Rig - How fast were you going in that U turn and at how fast were you going when it nose dived. When you are going slow, like under .5 mph, the kind of speed you would probably be going if you were trying technical tight turns, the OW require both sensors to be activated. It is very easy to unknowingly take the toe pressure off the board when doing a heel side turn and shut the OW off.

• @wr420 I was going really slow in the u-turn, and was focusing on keeping both feet flat for the exact reason you mentioned. I actually exited the turn and the accident happened maybe 20-30 feet later into a straight acceleration.

• remember it is LIKE a magic carpet......not a REAL magic carpet!;);)
    enjoy and remember it's just a machine ;)

• The OW+ does not have the same manual shaping options that the V1 does. I put it on its side, turn it on, and it flashes 6 times repeatedly. Tapping the sensor changes its blinks between 4, 5, and 6. It arrived in the box in "blink 6 " mode, and was left unchanged.

• @Rig said in Wrecked:

The OW+ does not have the same manual shaping options that the V1 does. I put it on its side, turn it on, and it flashes 6 times repeatedly. Tapping the sensor changes its blinks between 4, 5, and 6. It arrived in the box in "blink 6 " mode, and was left unchanged.

Let me know if you experiment with the modes. If so I would love to hear your feedback. My assumption is that 4 is classic, 5 is elevated, and 6 is extreme. Does the manual mention these modes at all? I assume the new app includes a firmware update that will bring in another mode.

• New guy here...as I wait for my first ever OW+ to arrive in April...

I've read so many forums on this awesome community board and am both super pumped and a lil anxious as I'm in my 30s and really not trying to hurt myself too badly!

I am not a snowboarder, but skated around town more for transport than tricks back in the day.

Seems so far based on the other review thread, that this thing is easier to pick up as a first timer on OW...however, curious for more opinions from you OP, on your first time OW experience on the OW+.

• @drew If they kept the same pattern as OW 1, 6 would be elevated (Classic = 1, Extreme = 2, Elevated = 3)
    Try 5 blinks

• @Rig Hi Rig, Nice to read you enjoy the onewheel. Try to accelerate by lifting your back leg instead of leaning forward with your full body. Keep your body above the wheel.

• @tonyrumans said in Wrecked:

@drew If they kept the same pattern as OW 1, 6 would be elevated (Classic = 1, Extreme = 2, Elevated = 3)
    Try 5 blinks

I actually just talked to Future Motion. Customer Success has no idea what those modes are and recommends waiting till the new app is out. Apparently they do not share the same names as the original ride modes.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.