I just rode the Plus for the first time

• Alright, first ride down. Here are my thoughts.

The good: holy hell it's smooth. It cruises at 18mph like a dream! The footpads are pretty nice, but not game changing. It's quiet... almost too quiet ;)

The bad: it's not as "snappy" as the V1. The super low end torque is actually better on the V1, but after you accelerate past about 5mph, it takes off like a rocket ship! Stoping is actually harder on the plus than on the V1. On the V1, you can really lean back into it and it will stop on a dime. The plus almost feels like anti-lock brakes. It only brakes a certain amount then you really lean into it expecting a snappy stop and it just kind of lags. I almost took out a couple people because it didn't respond like I'm used to.

All in all, you guys are going to love it! It will fit your riding style very well. I'm hoping they come out with some new digital shaping that makes it snappier and more low end responsive instead of just an all out speed machine.

If they were snowboards, It's like the V1 was 153 park jib board and the plus is a 161 all mountain ride anything board.

• @jeffmccosker

Try it in setting 5 too. I hear that is closest to the v1 extreme, speed wise. I wonder if it is similar in low end torque as well and more jibtastic.

• Glad I'm not the only one that noticed it was a little harder to stop

• @Snurfer said in I just rode the Plus for the first time:

@jeffmccosker

Try it in setting 5 too. I hear that is closest to the v1 extreme, speed wise. I wonder if it is similar in low end torque as well and more jibtastic.

Yep. I believe that was me.

• I tried 5 and I'm pretty sure that's classic or some other sort of beginner shaping. 7 felt the most comfortable for me.

• @jeffmccosker if we're talking 5-7 I think he means 6.

Owheelbuddy app reports them as 4-6

• @drew ooohhh gotcha. I was talking about the number of blinks on the power button when manually changing modes. My bad!

• @jeffmccosker I hear you. That's what I was counting as well. Interestingly enough, when I asked customer service about the modes (and the corresponding numbers) they didn't even know that was a thing.

• @drew said in I just rode the Plus for the first time:

@jeffmccosker I hear you. That's what I was counting as well. Interestingly enough, when I asked customer service about the modes (and the corresponding numbers) they didn't even know that was a thing.

Same here. They had no idea. But then again, I think its more for testing purposes. So the avg customer service agent wouldn't really know.

• Stopping is actually harder!?!?!?! It gives me chills :) thanks for the review ! Now i'm sure that I need both, v1 & v2 !
    @jeffmccosker What do you think about the full pad sensor please ? This is so important to do badass tricks!

• Below was after my first 7 1/2 Mike ride. So you can see what I thought. Stopping to me is not an issue at all. I really see it smoother and as someone else said like ABS brakes. The dismount for me is just as easy because I go on my toe. In every aspect the plus is better. People saying they can't carve on this. I can carve just as easy and smoother. So my 2 cents are uts better in every way. Except maybe distance. My 2 rides I have basically gone the 7-8 miles I did on my original so time will tell but so far distance is very close.

I just posted this on the comparison thread but in case someone didn't look there here is my simple observation.

OK Fellas.... Just unboxed the New + and took it for a short trip around the block maybe 2 miles .. WOW is about the only word I can think of. Now WOW was my word when I rode the original but man this thing is very sweet.

We have 3 Originals Onewheel, and I have only put about 500 miles on mine, and 50-100 on my sons, so unlike some in here I may not have put the original Onewheel to all the tests. But I have been on many surfaces. Observation between the 2 are this.

Speed: Acceleration is better.... Not in a way you might think. The plus is more responsive and much smoother. With my original Onewheel it was no issue going from the 5 to 13 quickly. You notice it much more on the original Onewheel than the plus. The acceleration on the PLUS its so smooth going 5-15 without the fight of the wobble I would get on the original. Also I start to get pushback at 13mph on all 3 of our original Onewheels. So On the original onewheel right when i get to the zone I like to ride...(for me 13-15 I am fighting the thing most of the time.) Not with this one. Super smooth. In fact I haven't gotten pushback yet... Only because I just got on it without helmet or pads so I didn't push it past 17mph.... I will report back later. I have hit 20.4 on the Original and for me that was scary fast mostly because the board felt extremely unstable anything above 15 for me in the past. 17 on this was super smooth and very stable. Didn't feel anything like 17 in my Ironwood final Onewheel.

Smooth: This may sound crazy but it is a big difference. I'm 50 and have had numerous vehicles in my life. The best comparison to me is the original Onewheel is like a Prius (had 3 of them) and the Onewheel Plus is like my Lexus GX SUV..... When you have a Prius you don't really notice the wind noise, the vibration of the road, and the little nuances of driving UNTIL.... You get in something that is super smooth, quiet, and cancels out all the vibration, noise, and chatter..... Too me it was that different. Just to make sure I wasn't totally biased. I had my wife ride her board and then hop on this one and needless to say that was a big mistake because now I may not have a Onewheel + anymore. Super smooth in all areas. The ride, the acceleration, the braking, the feel of the road (not sure what my PSI is so maybe it's fairly low on the plus) but the road feels much smoother under me.

I will update my thoughts more when I actually take it out later for a long journey. But first impression is WOW... As great as the Original was this thing surpassed my expectations.

Side Note: The OW Buddy does show it and is clocking my speed and the light on/off but it doesn't show the mode I am riding in.

• @fabuz full pad sensor is so damn amazing!!!
    Also after a couple more sessions last night I'm a little more used to the plus. Best explanation I can give is it just feel like a bigger, more stable board. I had a friend who is heavier than me and not as experienced, ride my plus and he absolutely loves it. It's a night and day difference for him. You should for sure pick one up if you have the chance, but honestly, I think if you could get SureStance footpads on a V1, you're 90% of the way there.

• @laneeric that's pretty much a perfect review. Glad you love it!

• @jeffmccosker Hi guys thanks for the reviews. Would you say it has usefull more power offroad on higher resistance terrain. So could you ride in for instance higher gras or more loose ground compared to the v1?

• @ltl yes the extra power is super helpful, but as of right now it rides a little more level so nosedives on off-road terrain are more common. I'm guessing digital shaping 2.0 will correct this.

• @jeffmccosker What do you mean when you say the board rides more level off-road causing more nosedives?

• @dcosmos the nose rides a little higher up with pushback on the V1. With the plus, there is basically zero pushback so it rides more level. This means the nose is closer to the ground and more likely to scrape. Does that make sense?

• @jeffmccosker said in I just rode the Plus for the first time:

@dcosmos the nose rides a little higher up with pushback on the V1. With the plus, there is basically zero pushback so it rides more level. This means the nose is closer to the ground and more likely to scrape. Does that make sense?

It sounds like an elevated style mode on the Plus would be best for you.

• @jeffmccosker Makes sense if you use pushback to keep the nose up with V1 offroad. I can't imagine riding on the edge like that, especially on trails. Once the new shaping for V2 comes out, might you use elevated instead?

• @dcosmos we'll see, I have no idea. At the pump track where you go from flat to steep really fast, it helps to have a bit of elevation on the nose.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.