The grip tape on the plus is lifting off.

• So a second person I know with a Plus is having issues with the grip tape peeling up. Then I went on one of the Facebook pages and it looks like someone else just posted about it. The original OneWheel had issues with slipping grip tape and they fixed it. I am sure they will figure it out but it looks like this could be an issue for people. Anyone else noticing this problem?

• @MichaelW Shitty. Is this becoming an issue more so for the front/sensor-side footpad?

• Sensor pads. Pics

0_1488871744488_Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 11.26.37 PM.png 0_1488871710251_Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 11.26.18 PM.png

• @MichaelW holly shit! I ordered my plus yesterday! It bothers me to see that few days after the first deliveries :( not cool...

• And on second thought, it never happens with all my v1 footpads set....so weird!

• @MichaelW do you use a fender? Have you rode in damp or wet conditions?

Might be a good idea to use some rubber cement or glue to put that back down. Try and clean it as much as possible first.

• @MichaelW yes, noticing a little peeling with the edges. The way they wrap the grip tape around the holes which accept the mounting screws isn't so great.

• Another reason not to be too upset about shipping delays...gives FM time to correct issues reported with the earliest shipments.

• @MichaelW Time for a "can you re-grip the PLUS" thread?? haha. I was wondering how the Vicious Grip mod would work on the PLUS.....

• @e-ball said in The grip tape on the plus is lifting off.:

.gives FM time to correct issues reported with the earliest shipments

Exactly! The price of getting your's first is bound to be some bugs. But I would take the bugs and a PLUS right now over the month delay at this point. :)

• Vicious grip tape is all you need

![0_1488898061402_Screenshot_20170307-094148.png](Uploading 100%)

• This forum really sucks for loading pictures.. nothing works anymore.. app doesn't work, the actual site doesn't work either.. smh

• @njcustom Did you have any issues regripping the PLUS due to the full sensor?

• Oh! Idea! When you grip tape a new skateboard deck, you have to rub the edge of the grip with a the side of a wrench or something similar at a ~45 degree angle really hard. By doing so, you really lock in the adhesive and prevent it from peeling. I will definitely be doing that on my Plus when it arrives!

• @njcustom said in The grip tape on the plus is lifting off.:

This forum really sucks for loading pictures.. nothing works anymore.. app doesn't work, the actual site doesn't work either.. smh

The hoops I've had to jump through to get a picture to load on this site are ridiculous.

• @njcustom Yeah. My new way of uploading pictures is to send them to my email pull them off onto the desk top, then I open the photo on the desktop and take a screen shot of the photo. Then I just pull the screen shot pic into the type box and it downloads. So annoying but in a weird way satisfying... LOL @thegreck

• @MichaelW said in The grip tape on the plus is lifting off.:

@njcustom Yeah. My new way of uploading pictures is to send them to my email pull them off onto the desk top, then I open the photo on the desktop and take a screen shot of the photo. Then I just pull the screen shot pic into the type box and it downloads. So annoying but in a weird way satisfying... LOL @thegreck

This is how I do it: http://community.onewheel.com/topic/6536/my-hoosier-treaded-tire-with-no-mods/7#

• @Snurfer those pics are actually of my board. I do use a fender, so lots of water builds up along the edge (you can see the dirt line where the fender edge lays against the grip tape). I know the wood won't handle the water very well in the long term and will apply some sealant soon, but having the pad lift and expose the sensor underneath after only 3 days of riding is disappointing. I have emailed support to ask for a warranty replacement.

• @snwbrdwndsrf for the whole board or just foot pads? I'm still waiting for a response myself.

• @slydogstroh haven't done the plus yet.. shouldn't be any different

• Hey @drew it would just be for the footpads not the whole board. OW would never take back the whole board based on other situations I've had and heard about in the past. In fact when I had an issue with a kickstarter board they replaced only the one pad that was sliding and lifting up. The other one they wouldn't replace because they said there was nothing wrong with it.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.