Onewheel and kitesurfing/hydrofoiling

• How many of you OW riders also kitesurf and hydrofoil? I'm both, and have a strong hunch there are a lot of you here. Am I right?

• I kitesurf but haven't gotten good enough to foil yet. I feel super lucky to be enjoy these hobbies, neither are cheap...

• @Gosha I think you're on to something. I was OW'ing at a school one day when I guy asked me about it and told me he had one on order. He was a kite surfer and had been told that the pivot point was similar.

• I have a 12 meter setup that I bought after my lessons but I haven't made it over to the coast to really get good at it.

• I've been kiting since 2000, and that was a big reason for ordering the onewheel.
    To have an anytime boardsport I can have fun with when there is no wind.
    I'm sure once my kiting friends try it I am gonna get a bunch more of them to buy one for playing in no wind days.

• Every kiter who has tried my onewheel has placed an order within a week. No joke. 4/4.

Personally, ever since starting on the OW, my hydrofoiling stance and tolerance has improved dramatically, especially when making turns and wave riding on the foil. There is so much similarity between hydrofoiling/kitesurfing and onewheeling. I feel it's a lot closer to foiling and surfing than snowboarding.

alt text

• I got a foil kite last year that lets me ride in 8kts. Got the OW for days with less wind or off shore. It's nice to be able to get out and ride everyday.

• @Sean_G_NYC said in Onewheel and kitesurfing/hydrofoiling:

I've been kiting since 2000, and that was a big reason for ordering the onewheel.
    To have an anytime boardsport I can have fun with when there is no wind.

very simmilar here, kiting since 2002.
    but no hydrofoiling so far.

• I foil and it's amazingly similar. I ride exclusively in elevated mode because it feels closest to foiling and it's waaay better for the Seattle hills. Now there's no such thing as a "skunked day"!

• Is it possible to kitesurf on Onewheel?
    Heck, youd be riding and charging all day. Lol

• @Gosha - foiling looks awesome!

As a surfer who has never kiteboarded, what the deal with it?

Looks to require all the skills of regular kiting with an extra added steep learning curve on learning to ride the foil.

• Hydrofoiling is pretty much the best thing you can do on this planet. Best thing after love and having a kid.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.