The Troops are Getting Restless (an email with FM)

• Posting an email conversation I had with support in the event there is any information the community finds useful:

I've never wielded the double-edged sword of running a company. I'm certain there are a number of things I haven't considered relative to the logistics of coordinating the production and delivery of the OW+.

Having given that disclaimer, I can say a lack of clear, transparent communication is a quick way to sully the customer experience piece of the equation... and turn people that would otherwise provide free advertising, into rage monsters...

I've long wondered why FM doesn't have some representation on the forums. I'd wager the email volume would drop quite a bit if there were some responsiveness to the issues people surface on the forums, often before sitting down to type the email. The link below is an example:

http://community.onewheel.com/topic/6640/delivery/24

I have a few questions, and I'd be happy to post the answers on the forums for people to see, if that would be helpful.
    1.) Approximately how many OW+ are being shipped per day/week at this point?
    2.) What order # or range (i.e. 7150-7200) are you at today? Will production increase or stay the course for those that ordered early?
    3.) Can you please find a mechanism for keeping people updated on the manufacturing/shipping progress? Twitter? The forums? email blasts, etc.?
    4.) When will the updated App be ready? It seems like an oversight to push out the board without the updated app, but again... this is me being critical without an understanding of all the moving parts.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully provide a response. I'm still stoked to have ordered the OW+ and I'm hopeful that I'll receive it soon, but like others, the lack of information is a bit frustrating at times given we've purchased a premium product with a premium price tag. Have an amazing day!

All the best,
    Eric

• Hi Eric,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear this process has been frustrating. We understand the anticipation of getting on your board can be overwhelming.

1. & 2.) As we gear towards a full scale production, we will be providing updates on estimated ship dates. We do not release production scale information. Order numbers are not a direct reflection of boards awaiting to be shipped. If you placed your order early within the pioneer dates you can expect it to be shipped out before the end of the month, and we would be more than happy to update your order ship date once we receive more information from our fulfillment center!

3.) We update individuals via a confirmation email with their tracking number once their order has been released for shipment from fulfillment.

4.) We have submitted the app updates to the Apple store and are currently waiting its approval.

Again we are pumped to get you and all of our other rad riders their new boards. We are working hard to get all of these orders fulfilled and will get you on your board shortly.

Warm regards,
    Future Motion Support

• Do you have any objections to me posting this conversation on the forums--without your name of course?

Are there any plans to have a customer service rep or anyone else have a bit more engagement on the forums? I think that would be hugely beneficial for the champions of this product/community to feel like they aren't on an island.

Thanks,
    Eric

Hi Eric,

If you believe posting the response on the forum would be helpful, I see no issue. We are hoping to have more hands on deck in the next few weeks (making a few hires to expand our team) and will hopefully be able to jump into forum conversations on a regular basis.

All the best,
    Future Motion Support

• @OriginalEric Wow could they be any less helpful?!

So apparently founding members have gone from February to February / Early March to by the end of the Month.

"We update individuals via a confirmation email with their tracking number once their order has been released for shipment from fullfillment." Is this a joke? So the 20 - 50 people who ordered in the first few minutes have received updates about their boards(and have actually received their boards). What about the rest of us whose $1500 you have that ordered a board from you with the stated estimated shipping date of February, are we not deserving of some sort of update? Future Motion seems to think that the fact that I ordered my board a couple hours of being available (rather than minutes) that I am not deserving of some basic simple communication.

I do not know about everyone else in my situation on these forums, but I find these answers insulting.

Future Motion, we are not asking for much, just some simple plain English communication. A one sentence email could get the job done. "Despite our best efforts, we have been forced to amend the original estimated shipping schedule which has now been pushed back 2 months." (This is not true but just used as an example)

• @goodblake-eskate I certainly do not find their answers insulting, and thanks to @OriginalEric for posting this conversation.

• FM just needs to start handing out onewheels like

alt text

• This post is deleted!

• Same vague FM responses they were pumping out in 2015 when buyers were waiting nearly 15 weeks for their boards and website always stated 4-6 weeks. If you were to buy a + today I highly doubt you would get it in April.

• I wouldn't call the replies "insulting" but they certainly ARE vague... disappointingly so. That said, I saw no reason to lash out at the customer support person as they are clearly acting as advised by management.

I'll continue to hold my breathe, because there isn't really another option. Like @MichaelW, I'd rather just know the painful truth and be able to have realistic expectations, but as with many things in life, this is out of my control.

As important as customer service is, the product is awesome enough to endure the heartache. If that's not the case for some of you... especially those with order numbers before mine, please do show them who is boss and cancel your order(s). =)

• If they gave the realistic dates, they might even sell some more V1's in the meantime to the impatient people that don't want to wait half a year to get a board.

• @OriginalEric , mmm This is the same response I got to the same Question about a year ago!

• (re Presence on the Forum)

• @OriginalEric @e-ball Perhaps "insulting" is a little harsh. However, when many customers are asking for them to provide some sort of simple communication as when we may expect our boards since this has clearly changed from what they have told us, and they respond to @OriginalEric suggestions with 'sure, we will update individuals with a shipping confirmation once they ship.' I find this response aggravating (perhaps this is a better adjective to describe how i feel). Also the first response is essentially saying the same thing at the end. By "we would be more than happy to update your order ship date once we receive more information from our fulfillment center," I take that is once our fulfillment center provides us with shipping confirmation for your order then we will update you with this information. However between now and until that shipping confirmation comes out everyone is just SOL (in the dark as to what happened with their $1500).

• @goodblake-eskate What's up man! You replied to my GIF on Reddit :p We're stoked to have you part of the community!! Just know that the salt that has come from this shipping date debacle will all melt away with a few weeks of riding. I'm with @braswell ... everyone just needs to calm down and know that they will, in time, get their board and it will be rad! Hang in there!

• @slydogstroh hey buddy thanks for the message! Honestly I really am not as salty / mad as I probably seem based by my barrage of negative posts about Future Motion. I probably should just submit my opinion that they could do a better job communicating with their customers and do a better job managing expectations to a suggestion box and move on. However, I guess that doesn't help pass the time as much. :) I hope these suggestions are being heard by them as I want them to be widely successful company for many years to come. Eventually their product will be a commodity and they won't be able to survive unless they provide a better customer experience.

• Stop crying. You got your answer. Just wait to buy the damn thing form the store. Not a big deal to have one the day it comes out. You sound like a stupid spoiled brat . 🙄

• As someone who has worked in forum management, I would say

1. People need to chill the fuck-off of FM. For fucks sake, they aren't some large corporation with thousands of support staff. Flaming them for "vague answers" doesn't help.

2. Learn to be patient with small companies. Especially small companies who make REAL products. Especially AMERICAN small companies making REAL products.

3. This isn't fucking fast food people. I would rather have SAFE and STABLE OneWheels being shipped on the market, instead of whiney-ass teenagers/millenials bitching about small companies making RUSHED products that are dangerous instead of taking the time to get it right.

4. Stop treating the OneWheel pipeline like a goddamn fast-food chain. Small businesses make mistakes. They are SWAMPED by thousands and thousands of people. It doesn't help if their own forums are SWAMPED with negativity for their operations.

5. THIS IS NOT FUCKING FAST FOOD.

Rant-off. But really guys, it's no good to keep bitching at such a small company.

• Preach!!! @RogueStar

• @BallewBoard you're a public high school teacher? I blame you for all these fucking morons in America.

I fail you. You don't even deserve a grade >:3

trollface.png

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.