Official delay - end of month, early April new expected pioneer delivery

• Glad they finally came out and let people know! Sucks waiting, but at least we now have a timeline.

• That sucks I guess I won't be getting the OW+until April either... well I'm just glad that it's because the boards aren't finished because they were missing a part and they want to make sure the boards are running fine. Also, hope the grip tape problem is fixed.

• I appreciate the communication, and I'd rather wait than have a jacked-up board that needed to get shipped back for repairs.

Now I'm even more glad I picked up a V1 yesterday afternoon!

• If anything, I'm glad my board wasn't in that first batch. I'd rather wait longer now than have to send it back in the middle of summer or have it break right after the warranty is up.

• Re: Sorry to the founding members
    Finally....I get it and I'm fine with the delay if it's really for that reason.

Just amazing that this one wasn't published some 2 weeks ago....and hopefully they will stick to the new schedule.
    I have never had a board in my life and really can't wait to get the OW+. But I want to get it right.

Happy waiting ....at least my helmet did arrive ....

A Founder from Colorado

Rudi

• That's all I wanted from FM -- transparency
    šŸ‘ŒšŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ¤™šŸ»

• Take all the time you need , just make sure the product is as premium as the price , il wait till 2018 if I have too , I just want a tank product for all conditions as promised

• My theory is that they had an initial sample batch of parts from the supplier, and the lead time for the larger next order was either delayed for business reasons (greater volume=lower price) or delayed by the supplier (because, supplier). I somehow doubt it was a QC issue with the part. I say this based on experience with manufacturing. More palatable to present it the way they did though.

• @gbones2692 2018... it is for V3, no ?

• @aris knowing manufacturing myself I know delays from vendors are a big thing. But if what you are saying is true then this recent transparency is a lie too. Hoping for the best I'll assume not. I think it would have been just as easy for them to say that they are waiting on parts than to lie and make up a story.

• motors are new and if this is their first production shipment then the risk of issues is greater. It's too bad that they couldn't have production nailed down with stock built on hand before announcing. Then shipments would have been immediate and these issues out of sight. They are a small company doing some amazing things so maybe this is the best way of launching short of delaying a full year which would also have its negatives. It's easy to qb from our couches. They are trying to thread the needle of shipping a uniquely amazing product in a world of overly popular electric skateboards that are much more easily produced and upgraded. For that I do try to give them the benefit of a doubt...when warranted, and some breathing room when possible.

• @aris HANG TIGHT!

Hey Onewheel+ Gold Members,

Thank you so much for your patience, we know you expected to be riding by now and we wanted to give you a quick update on where we're at. We can assure you your new Onewheel+ is in the works and in good hands.

While we were able to get the first batch of boards shipped in late February without a hitch, we encountered an issue with a part needed for the motor on the next batch. Quality is what Onewheel+ is all about and we can't cut any corners, so we sent the piece back to our supplier and are now awaiting a new shipment to arrive to continue our build.

To the best of our knowledge, it looks like Founding Members' boards will be shipped by mid April and Gold Members will be shipped right after in April. We know how excited you are for One+ and that the wait is brutal, but please know our team is working around the clock to ensure your board is made with the care and love it deserves.

The ride is worth the wait, we promise.

Onelove,
    Onewheel Team

Here was my email saying the founding members aren't getting shipped till mid April

• @RodSlide no I was saying I wouldn't mind waiting till 2018 as long as I got a good product, I don't want to wait till then , but I would if I had too

• I don't get what part the motor would need.... they come pre assembled from the manufacture.

• @Franky I'm just guessing, but what doesn't add up to me is:

1. the motors would come assembled (I would expect)

2. the delivery has paused for a couple of weeks now, but they continued pushing the 'now being delivered' sales and marketing line. Sounds like last push to get a volume threshold discount, but even if not, disingenuous knowing the part would delay things.

Regardless, I'm not that salty because I want them to do well and keep making awesome products.

• @s2kboy said in Official delay - end of month, early April new expected pioneer delivery:

I don't get what part the motor would need.... they come pre assembled from the manufacture.

One of the screws needed to attach it was a flathead instead of Phillips and nobody likes those things.

• So, 3 days ago:
    "...To the best of our knowledge, it looks like Founding Members' boards will be shipping in late March up to early April...."

Then a day or so later:
    "...To the best of our knowledge, it looks like Founding Members' boards will be shipped by mid April and Gold Members will be shipped right after in April...."

What a difference a day makes

• @OriginalEric I think the intent is the same timeline between both emails, but aimed at two (sequential) groups.

The first email was sent to Founders. It indicates the plan is late March through early April - which implies completion of all Founders orders by mid April.

The second email is directed at Gold - so the perspective shifts to mid April at the earliest (since that is when they estimate Founders' orders will be complete).

• @iiikz said in Official delay - end of month, early April new expected pioneer delivery:

@OriginalEric I think the intent is the same timeline between both emails, but aimed at two (sequential) groups.

The first email was sent to Founders. It indicates the plan is late March through early April - which implies completion of all Founders orders by mid April.

The second email is directed at Gold - so the perspective shifts to mid April at the earliest (since that is when they estimate Founders' orders will be complete).

That seems sensible--I hope you are correct sir. I should work on being a bit less of a pessimist I suppose.

• @OriginalEric It's supported by their use of "shipping" in the first email, and "shipped" (past tense - i.e., complete) in the second email.

Of course, we won't know for now if he estimates are accurate - just that they intended the same estimate in comm's to both groups.

• The good news in all this is that the first batch that went out is getting excellent reviews.
    V1 had some bugs to clean out and FM was on top of their game.
    The + seems like they hit the nail on the head the first time around.
    Probably very little refinement will be needed going forward.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.