Real world range for 230# rider....

• @timvdp Stupid follow on question--how do you charge the portable charger battery? Now some of these come with charging apparatuses but others are simply raw batteries. This stuff scares me a little...
    in a good way.

• @dakota4ce
    just ask the seller for a suitable charger to go with it they probably sell them...I had most of my parts from a donor fake onewheel...so when I took the battery out I also took out the charging connector ...but for the hoverboard battery they are 6$ on DH gate the also have batteries.
    Most of the sellers there will work with you and maybe even supply the cable for you.

Or you can make a connector just like you have to make the connector to the onewheel

• @dakota4ce The solar charge controller shown above(and below now) will charge almost any battery we would consider using in this application AND it can also be used to charge a OW battery from the 36v pack or what ever pack you are using as long as it is a lower voltage than the OW pack.

• I'm using this set up..
    The battery I kept in it's original bay for protection(from a DANDAN OWclone)build design stolen from the OW..
    So you charge the portable battery at home with it's suitable charger..probably 1.5 or 2 hours :(:(...but on the road it charges your onewheel in the normal OW time because the booster transforms it to normal OW charger values and gives you more then 1 charge depending on what battery you use..

as you can see I kept the normal connector in the charger loop but you could just cut the charger cord and connect a yellow connector to go onto the yellow battery connector.

then once on the road you only carry the green booster and the donor battery
    0_1490490746726_20170326_030444.jpg

I asked someone with more experience with electricity to make the connectors and let him read the posts(now deleted) on the forum

• @dakota4ce yup :):)

• @timvdp Setup looks great. I'm interested in a light weight portable charger pack and this looks like it. So you would set the out settings like the OW charger settings, and in settings at the output of the battery? Can you give me an example of your settings?

• @Cojo21 settings depend on what you link it to, so...

• @timvdp So with a fully charged backup battery, do you just hook up with the output settings set to mimic the ultracharger, and your input battery doesn't need settings?? It just pushes the juice and the solar charger does the rest????? I'm not scared to solder up some connections, I just don't want to make a mistake with the settings and fry the board!

• @Cojo21
    yes, it picks it up by itself but you can also make charging programs with automatic settings & stops etc...there was also a link to some youtube vids about this booster explaining all you need to know and more...20min vid i think...
    do some more forum searching reading and youtube for the booster vids
    first you hook up the battery press OK, it will boost the volts fan starts...then connect to the OW...there are more people here using it and maybe are a bit more technical then me ;)

but yes it is that easy :)

• @timvdp I'm just watching all the youtube vids on the MPT-7210a. I'm going to pick one up.

• @Cojo21 good luck and read up before you make the OW connector to be sure ;)

• Can you please repost the diagram for wiring the XLR plug? Thanks.

• Someone should start selling this battery setup pre-bundled. I'd happily pay a premium to avoid frying myself and my board =)

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.