Sensor pad Front or Back ?

• Do you seasoned vets with V1 or V2 prefer to ride with sensor pad under front foot or back foot

• @gbones2692 I'm always riding sensor under front foot unless I go backwards for a spell.

• Thanks for the feedback, waiting on the + , but I ride a skate board goofy foot , but ride a snowboard normally, my thinking is dismount may be easier with pad under rear foot , but while riding the rear foot does all the work like a snowboard so you could accidentally slide or lift causing an nice fall at high speeds , just wanted to hear some feedback from seasoned riders

• I ride goofy as well. I've got my brain programmed to always be aware of my front foot placement and it's easier to look down and check. I've heard some mention that the board's attitude changes a little when you ride with sensors in back, but I've never noticed it.

• So here is something super weird I discovered the other day. Drops on the Plus are actually easier if you ride the board backwards. I think the extra power wants to push the tail down when you ride it regular. Has anyone else tried this?

• @gbones2692

The default is the sensor in front whether you ride goofy or regular.
    I ride goofy as well. Easy dismount.

https://youtu.be/zRvKhfZe1Rg?t=368

• @sonny123 very smooth

• I have been riding sensor mostly front (though I ride switch), and I'm starting to think back is better. Why? because I find the front foot moves more on jumps/bumps and thus makes inadvertent motor kills more likely.

• I always ride with sensor pad under front foot because my back foot slips or comes off while dropping curbs sometimes I ride other way just for fun in the grass to see how long it takes for me to fall...

• @sonny123
    Nice video, great visual tip!

• Just to throw in my 2 years of riding experience. Definitely don't ride back foot sensor. The back foot slips all the time when hitting any sort of bump.

• the designer meant for you to keep the switch in the front so that if you were to unexpectedly disengage it because of shift of weight and balance caused by evil pushback, the board would shut off at a lower speed and with your weight shifted towards your back foot.

with the switch in front your weight shifts forward when mounting and engaging the board. if you were to have a false start due to lack of traction or mistaken mounting of an unpowered board, momentum would be in the direction you meant to be going, generally making it easier to recover.

with the switch in the front the battery pack is in the back and there is a slightly higher tolerance to nosedive. this becomes more important as the limits of traction are approached.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.