San Francisco - Legal rides

• I have just moved to the SF bay area and commute to SF city each day on the Caltrain.

From the Train to work its a 25/30 min walk in the heat.

In the city:
    Can I ride the OneWheel on the roads? Legally
    On Bike Lanes only?
    Can I ride on the pavement (Sidewalk)?
    I'll be wearing a helmet.. but is that a legal requirement?

Out in the bay area can I ride in any park? Trail?

Cheers

• Thanks so much for link!

This sums it up:

A person shall not operate an electrically motorized board upon a highway, bikeway, or any other public bicycle path, sidewalk, or trail, unless that person is wearing a properly fitted and fastened bicycle helmet that meets the standards described in Section 21212.

• I believe in most areas of California, the OneWheel's dimensions when ridden and in Standard mode qualifies it as a "pedestrian vehicle" which means it's able to be used anywhere a pedestrian would walk. Sadly, I'm on mobile at the moment and can't cite my source.

• Maybe not so legal after all?
    https://sf.curbed.com/2016/6/1/11831080/scooters-sidewalks-illegal-fines-transportation

Anyone had any issues or tickets?

•    Yes.

• @wr420 Yes you have had tickets for riding your onewheel?

Is the OneWheel future looking like trails and purpose build parks?

• You should buy a UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard for yourself, it will ease your life and also with save you time and money. I almost had the same problem and then i bought my own hoverboard form Levit8ion in very low prices and awesome quality. They offer lowest prices guaranteed and money back assurance. I would recommend you to buy Levit8ion X Plus UL Certified Hoverboard.

• Suspicious Fry

Does @annsegers87 work for Levit8ion?

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.