Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...

• So, wondering based on some of the board mods where the pads were widened to fit the length of the foot. Do you guys think foot fatigue is increased because the Foot doesn't fit all the way on the board? I mean, that has to be an increase of a stressor right? I mean if the foot was fully supported by the board without hanging off either side that would have to account for at least some of the fatigue factor? Would that not call for an easy mod to just build 2 little wood full size foot add ins wherever you like to stand and basically lock yourself in there... ? Just thinking. Or V3 have a wider base that supports the length of the foot?

• I can't speak for wider footpads but when I added a more rounded tire the foot fatigue was slightly improved, then after I put a 2.5mm concavity going from heel to toe(not front to back like the V2 foot pads) foot fatigue was significantly reduced. Ultimately, similar to what you said, I think it's about foot support and reducing the amount of effort it takes to ride for longer periods of time, in theory wider footpads should help, someone here that's done it can probably chime in

• I dont know if it was the concave or the wider design. I added both, and i guess its the combination. until now it seems to be a great achievment.

• Don't forget about shoes...! ( my foot fatigue varies quite a lot depending on the trainer I'm wearing )

I find shoes/trainers that are maybe 1/2 a size too big cause a lot less foot fatigue as it allows my foot to roll around ever so slightly within the shoe. plus the bigger shoes have a greater profile on the board an probably make leverage easier when leaning.

• @Zen.Potatoes said in Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...:

Don't forget about shoes

So true! Skate shoes help tremendously for me

• I used to get pretty bad foot fatigue / cramping while riding, but it went away over time. You just need to train up all the little muscles in your foot you're not used to using.

• Anybody ever get Plantar Fasciitis ?

I wake up every morning with a crazy pain that doesn't go away till I stretch or walk around a bit.

Not saying it's onewheel related but it definitely started after I started riding. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this or it was a pure coincidence

• @braswell

I had it long time ago from prolonged standing. Very annoying.
    Eventually it went away on its own.

This helped. You can find it on eBay for cheaper.

https://sme4.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=pin

• @sonny123 sweet I'll check this out. I've been buying some mediocre food soles that claim to help but no luck so far.

Thanks!

• @zachmu said in Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...:

it went away over time

How long did it take for it to go away? I'm asking for a friend, jk it is for me. I get that foot pain too.

• @braswell

I buy a size larger for the insole to fit comfortably.

• @zachmu said in Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...:

I used to get pretty bad foot fatigue / cramping while riding, but it went away over time. You just need to train up all the little muscles in your foot you're not used to using.

I think the flat footpad needs changing. Maybe making convex for barefoot riding and concave for shoed riders.

Not really difficult to observe but arch support is important.

I have a feeling that a gel pad sensor would be good.

• Shoes are a big deal, but that has been heavily discussed a very long thread. I also recomend Dr. Shoells Gel insoles. I have a muscle fatigue condition so i have to battle it no matter what. Springblade Shoes by addidas are actually the best for A variety of reasons they take the impact out of the board. And especially when you are hitting really ruff terrain like Tree roots. If you let your lower legs loose and balance from your hips and so up you can let the board really wobble dramatically and violently without losing control. And Taking as much of the violence out of your joints and stuff, at least for my old ass, is a good thing :) if you search or hit up my you tube you can see me ride with the springblades and see how they perform..

Also, Take potassium or magnesium citrate.

• I think the more you ride, the less foot fatigue you get.
    Last Summer when I was riding 3-4 times a day,
    I could do a whole charge with no break, and I was wearing sockless boat shoes. Those felt great and more connected with their thin sole.
    Come the cold weather, and I'll have to break couple times on a single charge.
    I'm sure finding the right shoes help as well though.

• It's a problem even for Standup Paddling. New paddlers tense up and don't move their feet and they go numb. The trick is to move your feet and wiggle your toes. My back foot definitely goes numb after riding for 30 minutes or so on the OW. I'm sure it's the same thing. But who can relax with this awesome ride...

• i had the same problem try griptape with a foam layer on the bottom it's normally meant for riding barefoot but it helps alot with foot fatigue

• @braswell that sounds like you crushed your arches a bit from pounding a foot (or feet) on the ground. I did that in an unrelated activity. If you buy some expensive arch supports it will go away after a while as the arch heels

• Advil boys, Advil

• @donny-h I also have flat feet. So by nature I'm flawed lol

• @sonny123 update I've been wearing those inserts since 2 days after you recommended. Haven't really felt much of a difference, is this something that takes a month or so to feel?

The first day or so I felt the shape of the built in arch however now it just feels like a flat insert. Much like the others I've bought in the past.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.