An update'ish on order #74**

• My email to FM on 3/22/2017:

Good Afternoon,

I've seen a few people mention they've received their fenders already. Given these are shipped separately from the OW+ itself, I wanted to see if you're able to provide the status/timeline for the shipment of fenders.

Additionally, I haven't seen anything since the initial announcement about the delay so I thought I'd check in and see if things are still on track for an end of March delivery.

Any specific information you can provide about my actual order would be appreciated. I understand the need to talk in generalities about things but at this point, I'm hoping for specifics if possible.

I'm certain you're receiving a number of emails just like this one and I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Looking forward to riding soon.

Thanks,

Eric

• Reply on March 24th:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your patience on this inquiry. I have requested your fender to ship and you can expect tracking on it early next week. As for the Onewheel+ we have started shipping again and you can expect your board to ship within the next 2-3 weeks.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers,
    FM Support

• Disappointing time frame given your order number.

• I'm 75** so I guess I will get this towards the end of April. They only missed their target delivery date by like 2 months... lol

• Okay so I am running towards the end of my patience with FM and their delivery promises. So at this point I actually am considering cancellations to put the money towards my car coming out next month for the summer. I inquired about cancellations and delivery dates and this is the response I got.

Hi *****,

Thank you for your patience. I can confirm your fender has been requested to ship before your board. As for the cancelation you are welcome to cancel your order any time, and we charge a restocking fee of $40 once the board has been shipped out.

I would also like to clarify not all order numbers correspond directly with boards awaiting to be shipped. In addition we expect your board to be shipped out next week!

Please let me know if you have any other questions and would like to keep your order.

Kind regards,
    Gabrielle

So I will hold out if it infact ships within the next 1-2 weeks but beyond that I am taking my funds back and putting it towards another hobby and maybe wait till they iron out their messy production schedules. Let's wait and see.

• @s2kboy Maybe I should email them and threaten cancellation as well haha. I've been pretty understanding so far, but I am starting to lose my patients. They told Eric above 2-3 weeks and you next week, that means mine should be in the next day or so. I would like to ride to work for a few months before it starts hitting 120 lol

• I actually cancelled and bought another used V1. Now I have a buddy system.

I will pick up a V3 when the range goes 10 miles ;).

• @dakota4ce That's been my thinking--and acting--too. V3 or V4.

• well, at least the targets are generally consistent, even if a bit loosely so.

op is 74xx - last week's estimate was 2-3 weeks

s2kboy is 75xx - this week's estimate is next week

I'm 740x, so hopefully it bodes well for me!

• I'm number 81xx, at this rate I'm not going to get my board until June or July!

It would be nice if OW compensated everyone with say additional 1yr warranty or something for the seriously long delay.

• Well if these delivery schedules hold true for #74** and #75** then my order #724* should be shipping any day now, right? maybe? hopefully? PLEASE!

• @goodblake-eskate I'm 30 orders behind you....I'm really hoping for shipment this week!

• Mine is out for delivery.. 7171 ... And of course it's pouring out.. no riding today

• @SkyPilot I wonder when 10,097 will ship then? Are there many orders after mine? Has anyone seen later shipping order numbers?

• I too have contemplated cancelling my order and picking up the V1, especially if the footpads are compatible as was stated in another thread. I'm bummed to have (already) missed a number of group events I planned to attend, had the board been delivered at the end of February as scheduled.

I actually sold my v1, based on the assertion (by Future Motion) that the delivery would occur at a specific time. Live and learn...

• @OriginalEric damn man, that's awful, I feel your pain :(

• Unfortunately the OW+ is pretty much the only option for people in rainy climate otherwise I would have cancelled as well. If they don't compensate us in any way like @SkyPilot suggested I'm going to cover all OW branding on the board with stickers. I really want them to succeed because they have an awesome product but gosh do they suck at customer relations.

BTW Evolve is opening a second round of pre-orders for their Carbon series at 3PM PST. If you don't need to ride in the rain, I would consider it...

• Well since you guys are waiting on your pluses, here's another guy who got his! First Casey, now shonduras. Both getting them and ignoring the features!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poADyLvK9A0

Enjoi

• My follow-up email yesterday:

I have a question...

Another fellow on the forums, with an order number in the 75** range, which presumably would have been after mine, inquired about cancelling his order today.

In response, someone told him: "As for the cancelation you are welcome to cancel your order any time, and we charge a restocking fee of $40 once the board has been shipped out.
    I would also like to clarify not all order numbers correspond directly with boards awaiting to be shipped. In addition we expect your board to be shipped out next week!

Please let me know if you have any other questions and would like to keep your order"

That timeline seems different than the "2-3 weeks" mentioned in the response I received on Friday...

You have people on the forums that are sharing information... and seeing this type of inconsistency in responses is frustrating to say the least. Look, delays happen and I'm content to wait (if everyone is waiting) for a well built product. By all means, that is what I have paid for. That said, please put yourself in my shoes... or the shoes of any other customer on the forums or OneWheel Facebook Groups, etc. and give some consideration to how I/we/they might feel when delivery timelines aren't met... delays are announced... and to top it off, communication on delivery seems to be inconsistent.

I suspect you and FM have probably had an ass full of my emails and are tired of my complaining, etc. I'm sorry--it comes from a good place in that I am that stoked about the product, but I'm hoping you can give me some information that will connect the dots here because something seems out of sorts.

Thanks,

Eric

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.