Speed leaderboard problems?

• So I know this isn't very important but was wondering why half the people on the top ten leaderboard on the official OW app are at the top speed of exactly 22.00(I am in that list, Blaine_Palmer) and my actual top speed is 24.4 and it seems that way for others aswell, looking at the statistics of others right before they hit those top speeds they were 23-24 range not 22.00. (This is for the origional Onewheel v1) same has happened on the Onewheel + leaderboard...

• So I'm in the same boat. My "actual" top speed is 24.4 and I'm on the leaderboard for 22.00. I think this is because the 24.4 is the WHEEL speed while the 22.00 is GPS speed. Not positive but that's what I'm assuming based on the info I have.

• I just posted in the technical support forum regarding this very same question! It's not just the wheel speed to GPS difference, they're completely blocking speeds​ that break the current record.

• @snwbrdwndsrf when the new app version was first released all the top speeds were 25-30mph. I know because I hit 29mph and I was tied for 3rd place. Then they wiped it and its at 22mph max now. The crazy thing is my board is slow now. I know how fast 29mph was, it was terrifying. I can barely get to 22 now and it doesn't feel fast at all. I don't know what's going on but it seams fishy to me. New OW comes out and suddenly the V1's performance has changed? I wish I could get the performance back on my OW from before the new app.

• @slydogstroh Do you still have the OWheelBuddy buddy app installed? Those were GPS verified top speeds and all above 22mph.

• I'm telling you, something happens to my board handling from time to time and I think it's the app as well. Whoever can hack the control panel of these boards is going to make a mint. Jailbreak our boards already... Come on IT guys, make it happen.

• @Earthpilot How is your board performing now?

• @Rado the initial release of the new app did have problems changing modes on v1, but as I understand it there was an app update very recently that fixed the issue for those experiencing the same issues. Might be worth checking to see if your app has been updated, and if it has try switching mode to something else and back again to see if that helps.

• Weird that some people's boards are slower, since the new app myne accelerates slower but the pushback is way less and I can get pretty good speeds. 7 people have the speed of 22.00 maybe that was what FM decided would be the cutoff so people wouldent try and get higher speeds so no one would hurt themselves. Maybe send an email to fm support or something and see what's up.

• @OffRoadOW I'm having the same issue. Slow acceleration and minimal pushback. I actually want more pushback as now it's not enough and the balance is all off.

• This post is deleted!

• @OffRoadOW I started a thread in the Tech Support forum: http://community.onewheel.com/topic/6757

• @Rado I personally love the reduced pushback. I usually ride my v1 close to limit and my knee was suffering from fighting the pushback constantly.

• @snwbrdwndsrf I have a V1 and I feel the same way. Knee is always sore, and the thigh of my front leg always starts burning after fighting pushback for too long. I think I need a +, once they get caught up on orders. And I find the cash. I'm not getting rid of my V1, no way.

• @snwbrdwndsrf I kinda like it aswell, me being younger and also a wakesurfer,snowboarder, skateboarder probably means my knees won't suffer from a lot of pushback, I like it so I can get higher speeds easier.

• @OffRoadOW I snowboard and windsurf (though not so much the last few years with the onset of children), but it still bothered me. Probably age. So you feel like the pushback lets you get higher speeds more easily?

• @thegreck the pushback on v1 has been reduced with the new app - have you tried that?

• @Rado I'm noticing the reduced pushback the last couple of days, the board teetering forward and speeding up. I usually ride between 13 to 15 mph but lately I have been going over that with a higher than 15 mph hum and I backed it up with the app a couple times.

• @OffRoadOW said in Speed leaderboard problems?:

Weird that some people's boards are slower, since the new app myne accelerates slower but the pushback is way less and I can get pretty good speeds. 7 people have the speed of 22.00 maybe that was what FM decided would be the cutoff so people wouldent try and get higher speeds so no one would hurt themselves. Maybe send an email to fm support or something and see what's up.

I think this would be wise for FM...if they create a highspeed highscore board it will cause people to act stupid.... and in the end hurt the reputation of the OW as a solid safe product.. ;)

• @timvdp then why have a leaderboard at all? Pretty soon it'll just be a bunch of people tied for 1st at 22.24 mph.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.