SPEED problems...

• Onewheel finaly made the news today in The Netherlands!!:):)....but probably not the way "Kyle"would have liked :(:(
    0_1491095510137_OW crash1.jpg
    0_1491095523191_ow-1.jpg
    0_1491095536883_ow-2.jpg
    Just keep going for those speedrecords guys and you 2, could get on the news!!:):)
    Woohoo:):)

Enjoy the ride, not the speed ;)
    &
    Stay safe! ;)

• Hope the fellow Onewheeler is okay.

AMERSFOORT - The Vondellaan in Amersfoort Monday morning a man injured after an accident with a One Wheel. That is an electrically driven skateboard with one wheel.

What exactly happened is unknown. It is clear that the man was so injured that he had to be taken to hospital. The accident happened around 11:15 hours. Other road users could not while driving along the Vondellaan.

ONE WHEEL
    A One Wheel is just like a Segway, forward when the driver leans forward. Braking is by leaning backwards. Most One Wheels reach speeds of up to 20 kilometers per hour.

Reactions

Who paid for the damage, use of rescue vehicle ambu at € 659 and nursing and rehabilitation costs, they are well covered by insurance ,? Since under Article 1 WvW 1990 refers only to vehicles all motorized vehicles except mopeds, bicycles with pedal assistance and disabled vehicles, intended to be moved other than by rail. This one wheel is not defined in WvW and therefore not valid and therefore does not belong on public roads.
    rick from Nieuwegein | 29-03-2017 02:47 h

And of course, uninsured driving. Recently I was (on the bike) overtaken by an electric skateboard. Which go significantly faster than 20km / h. If flapping against you, try the damage (hospital? Just to stories!
    Jan from Amersfoort | 27-03-2

• Not good :(

• @sonny123 said in SPEED problems...:

Hope the fellow Onewheeler is okay.

AMERSFOORT - The Vondellaan in Amersfoort Monday morning a man injured after an accident with a One Wheel. That is an electrically driven skateboard with one wheel.

What exactly happened is unknown. It is clear that the man was so injured that he had to be taken to hospital. The accident happened around 11:15 hours. Other road users could not while driving along the Vondellaan.

ONE WHEEL
    A One Wheel is just like a Segway, forward when the driver leans forward. Braking is by leaning backwards. Most One Wheels reach speeds of up to 20 kilometers per hour.

Reactions

Who paid for the damage, use of rescue vehicle ambu at € 659 and nursing and rehabilitation costs, they are well covered by insurance ,? Since under Article 1 WvW 1990 refers only to vehicles all motorized vehicles except mopeds, bicycles with pedal assistance and disabled vehicles, intended to be moved other than by rail. This one wheel is not defined in WvW and therefore not valid and therefore does not belong on public roads.
    rick from Nieuwegein | 29-03-2017 02:47 h

And of course, uninsured driving. Recently I was (on the bike) overtaken by an electric skateboard. Which go significantly faster than 20km / h. If flapping against you, try the damage (hospital? Just to stories!
    Jan from Amersfoort | 27-03-2

thanks for the translation...:)
    but a good picture speaks a 1000 words ;)

With the new plus w more power out now, I think riders & (old ;) noobs) could use the reminder that allthough it is a great tuff quality product....it will still hurt you ...a lot!! when you try pushing the laws of nature......... with just 1 wheel & a battery...;);)

I think!?:) don't hate ;)
    most of the new power was designed for more control safety and ability in manouvers...not persee SPEED!!^(%#!@%$yeahhh *#(^#speed(&^@Yehh...

• We have to be careful, we're all concerned.
    Nothing worse than a bad reputation...look at aircraft's reputation..drones are now under strict law regulation. It'd be pity that happens to us, OW riders! Can you imagine "no rides zone" in or around your town ?

• Funny how the 2 reactions are more concerned about who picked up the medical tab than hat happened to the rider as if they're paying for it.

Accidents happen. You don't ban flying because of a plane crash.

Now they want to ban electronics on flights because of a headphone battery fire.

• I don't speak Dutch but even in the translation there seems to be nothing said about the OW rider trying to reach a top speed or that having to do anything with the accident or any negligence on the riders part. People get hit by cars all the time. Until facts are released, what the rider was doing at the time amounts to nothing more than speculation and fake news.

• @wr420 Agree completely. Danger is an inherent part of being alive, and accidents happen everywhere, every day, on every type of vehicle (and even to people who are walking). That they tried to make it sound restricted to people who ride Onewheels is ridiculous.

• just trying to keep people safe and aware of the fact that allthough it is a great quality machine....in traffic with cars etc it is still EXTRA dangerous
    since you are 1 computerglitch away from a faceplant/ lift ;)...

you should not have the same trust or desire to push it as in a 4 wheeled board or a bike
    that's all

And since this came up during a OW+ search of mine this week, when people were also having discussions about pushing the board more
    I thought I'd share this REAL news instead of a leaderboard post with FAKE speeds ;);););)

• @sonny123 said in SPEED problems...:

Funny how the 2 reactions are more concerned about who picked up the medical tab than hat happened to the rider as if they're paying for it.

Accidents happen. You don't ban flying because of a plane crash.

Now they want to ban electronics on flights because of a headphone battery fire.

I was also annoyed by that...nothing about the rider...just money..reality sucks! ;)

• @timvdp As @wr420 said, without any details whatsoever of how the accident happened, it's not really news at all. He could've been doing everything right and been hit by a car driven by a sixteen-year-old who was texting instead of paying attention to the road.

We all realize it's dangerous, we're just saying that the way this article was carelessly and lazily written, without the inclusion of any actual facts, makes it pretty useless. The reporter should try harder next time and do a little work for his paycheck.

• @timvdp

Come think about it, OW is a lot safer than a 4 wheeler when you know what you're doing. It's a lot more maneuverable.

I think the mistake most make, myself included, is pushing the limit before getting familiar with it.

I like that I have both hands free as well compared to having a remote.

• @sonny123
    as long as the battery is working ;)

• @thegreck
    The only thing that was told...guy crashed on a never seen before new roadvehicle.
    They can not report that??..is that not news?..

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.