Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.

• A word of caution to all speed freaks out there: the Onewheel+ is so much sketchier at high speed than the v1.

I'm sure everyone that's tried has hit the crazy pushback as they approach 20mph, and it got to the point where I thought the tail was going to start dragging. Then came the scariest part: it completely disengaged the motor and all of a sudden all of the effort I'd been putting into fighting the pushback was turned against me as I instantly started tipping forward. I was sure I was going to be licking asphalt, but somehow I managed to catch myself and get on the brakes.

I am never doing that again. Ever.

EDIT: I was not going downhill.

0_1491321399611_Screenshot_20170404-075639.png

0_1491321408581_Screenshot_20170404-075706.png

• But on the plus side it looks like they don't cap top leaderboard speeds at 22 mph for the Onewheel+! :-)

• I can't tell if you're trying to warn us or just brag? :P lol

• @enjoi408 clearly a bit of bragging! :-) But mostly I want to warn others.

• humblebrag

• I am not really sure what you dumbasses are trying to do... and I'm just going to continue to call you dumbasses... don't push through the pushback... Or you will end up face planting.

I have hurt myself semi seriously twice doing this.. If you push through the pushback onthe V1 you will hit engine failure and it will simply Die, causing the board to die and causing your o keep moving forward, sounds like on this version they fixed that and started a slow down verses a shutdown.. Thanks :) guys, hospital bills will go down!...

But, the pushback is there for a reason, your reaching the limits of the motors.... its not because your mom doesn't want you to not go faster than that...

Don't be a dumbass, Respect the board...

• I'm push it and plan on falling. I got the v1 to 25mph im push that plus to 30mph who's gonna video it??

• @Aaron-Broward-FL you've got me cracking up. Just because you aren't skilled enough to push past the pushback doesn't mean others are the same. I consistently ride at around 14-16mph which is well into pushback territory, but I can easily push up into high teens on flat and mid twenties going down even slight hills. Just have to be aware that once you hit pushback you're responsible for at least some of the forward/backward balance. I've literally never crashed and I ride it like this all the time. Respecting the board doesn't mean you have to baby it 😋

• @Aaron-Broward-FL and @trappar, please don't turn this into a spitting match - some want to push the limit, and they know they're at risk of bailing. I just wanted to try to give people a heads up that the OW+ does not behave like the v1 at the limit.

• Yeah man, I pushed the limit, I ended up in the hospital... I am trying not to encourage anyone else to do it. You guys and and your stupid top speeds that I don't believe.

What I am trying to do is prevent people from reading this and thinking its safe to try.....

DON"T PUSH THROUGH THE PUSHBACK...

Only 2 times i have crashed and hurt myself is when I was attempting to demostrate the top speed of the board. First time i was going to use a radar gun to prove what speed i was actually going. I was practicing... booom crash.... 2nd time.. i think i just accelerated to fast or there was a board malfunction, I'm not 100% on that one, but my shoulder still hurts after 8 weeks.

• @trappar I'm in Florida, we have no hills...... and I'm fat.... so, skinny person on a hill might be able to hit those speeds, I would say that's cheating, your using gravity not the board... but whatever.

Has nothing to do with skill. I am trying to prevent other people from reading this and getting hurt.
    And I ride into the pushback all the time..... but, I listen to the pushback...

Respect the board...

• @Aaron-Broward-FL I hear ya!! Safety first!! Respect the board. I've had some bad falls myself. I don't encourage speeding.

• @Aaron-Broward-FL said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

I am not really sure what you dumbasses are trying to do... and I'm just going to continue to call you dumbasses... don't push through the pushback... Or you will end up face planting.

I have hurt myself semi seriously twice doing this.. If you push through the pushback onthe V1 you will hit engine failure and it will simply Die, causing the board to die and causing your o keep moving forward, sounds like on this version they fixed that and started a slow down verses a shutdown.. Thanks :) guys, hospital bills will go down!...

But, the pushback is there for a reason, your reaching the limits of the motors.... its not because your mom doesn't want you to not go faster than that...

Some people get a thrill from pushing the limits. If I didn't do anything where there's a chance of going to the hospital, my life would be very boring.

• @IceTank we used to have a TV show for people like you, it was called Jackass

In regards ot the quote, i plan on pushing through and having it failing

• @Aaron-Broward-FL said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

@IceTank we used to have a TV show for people like you, it was called Jackass

In regards ot the quote, i plan on pushing through and having it failing

I might have disagreed with you a few weeks ago. Now I'm looking at wrist surgery in the next few weeks due to a fall I took at speed. My wrist sort of just pops in and out of the socket at random these days. Ligament damage blows. @trappar I feel what you're saying, and you do you... but know this: You will fall. It's not a matter of if, just when.

Still... @snwbrdwndsrf Awesome speed!

• @CBR-954rr said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

@Aaron-Broward-FL said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

I am not really sure what you dumbasses are trying to do... and I'm just going to continue to call you dumbasses... don't push through the pushback... Or you will end up face planting.

Some people get a thrill from pushing the limits. If I didn't do anything where there's a chance of going to the hospital, my life would be very boring.

I'm not anybody's mother... But, the way some people talk about things, in conjunction with the speeds onthe leader board, i think mislead people Especially Newbs to try to do things this board was not designed to do... and i think when you talk about things like this you should really make it clear that pushing through pushback is not advised and is dangerous and for advanced riders or whatever... I have read about a lot of people in the past, especially before we even had speed leader boards, who, I think, didn't even realize what pushback was, crash and hurt themselves and sell the board... I think it is our responsibility, to set an example for the people here to make sure they understand to use the board responsibly and safely, unless you want a bunch of people complaining on social media about how they bought this thing took it out and tried to get to go as fast as everyone else and crashed and its dangerous and bla bla anyway... Don't make what your doing sound like the norm...

• @sidebox
    We're you wearing wrist guards? You have to wear wrist guards if your going to be hitting high speeds. Helmet and wrist guards at minimum...

• And just FYI, I have had a concussion, bruised or tore all kinds of muscle out of my shoulder, probably poppped it out the joint. Road rash on my arms back. Bruised hips. I mean i have taken some injuries... and I have previously had 2 spinal fusions. So, its all a big crap shoot for me to be doing this in the first place :)

So if one of you guys thinks you have bigger balls than me... You might want to think again. I have faced pain most of you will never know and I am up, Riding this thing again, Bought one for my 10 year old and ordered a Plus....

• @Aaron-Broward-FL

All board sports are dangerous and OneWheels are no exception--they are generally faster than skateboards over the same terrain. The danger is in many ways what makes it fun. I appreciate your insight and words of caution, and respect that you are constantly getting back on the horse.

What I don't appreciate is your insistence of calling other people dumb-asses, jackasses, etc. and you seem to be getting angry over the fact that other users here have defined different risks and limits for themselves. Watching you post in this thread is like watching someone go through the stages of grief.

It's all gonna be okay, man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @mekon said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

@Aaron-Broward-FL

All board sports are dangerous and OneWheels are no exception--they are generally faster than skateboards over the same terrain. The danger is in many ways what makes it fun. I appreciate your insight and words of caution, and respect that you are constantly getting back on the horse.

What I don't appreciate is your insistence of calling other people dumb-asses, jackasses, etc. and you seem to be getting angry over the fact that other users here have defined different risks and limits for themselves. Watching you post in this thread is like watching someone go through the stages of grief.

It's all gonna be okay, man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What he said. Why are you name calling and trying to police how people ride their boards? Chillax bruh 👍

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.