OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?

• Onewheel+ finally arrived today, and it's... pretty fun. I'm more than a little disappointed by how limiting it is at speed, and that's after my first ride. Since I'm an Android user and I don't have the new app yet, I think this may be a shaping issue. I can't see any way in this app to check your speed after stopping and doodling with my cell phone doesn't seem like the thing to do at 15+, but I happened to be riding past one of those radar-equipped speed signs when I started hitting serious pushback, and according to that thing, I was going 15.

I'm pretty sure I'm riding in mode 6. The lights flash pretty fast and it's a bit hard to be totally positive, but I spent a while fucking with it.

Having no prior OW experience, the + feels like a half-baked product with the old app. I feel like if I could go a little bit faster without fighting all this pushback, I'd be all about this thing.

• @ZeeMox You should be able to change the shaping without the app. Sounds like maybe you are in Classic mode.
    https://youtu.be/Ihx59I62j9w

• @Rado said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

@ZeeMox You should be able to change the shaping without the app. Sounds like maybe you are in Classic mode.
    https://youtu.be/Ihx59I62j9w

Classic would be 4 flashes and I'm definitely not there. I watched that video prior to riding and tried to go straight to extreme, 6 flashes. When would pushback normally start in Elevated?

• Alright, charged it up again and checked the mode and I'm counting 7 flashes. Hard to tell, man, damn this hyperactive little blue light. 7 is the closest to extreme, right? Or is that super secret bitch mode and I need to knock it down to 6?

• @ZeeMox said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

Onewheel+ finally arrived today, and it's... pretty fun. I'm more than a little disappointed by how limiting it is at speed, and that's after my first ride. Since I'm an Android user and I don't have the new app yet, I think this may be a shaping issue. I can't see any way in this app to check your speed after stopping and doodling with my cell phone doesn't seem like the thing to do at 15+, but I happened to be riding past one of those radar-equipped speed signs when I started hitting serious pushback, and according to that thing, I was going 15.

OK, I have iOS with OWBuddy and the new app installed.
    I have just run through the settings on my OW+, and they are as follows:

• Sequoia - 4 - Max Speed 12 mph
    • Cruz - 5 - Max Speed 15 mph
    • Mission - 6 - Max Speed 19mph
    • Delirium - (not available yet, presumably 7) - Max Speed 20mph

Now all that said, pushback happens a little prior to max speed, so you may very well be in Mission mode and experiencing pushback. It is possible (although a little harder to control) to push past pushback to the mode max speed.

Edit: I'm assuming that the OWBuddy app has backend IDs for Classic, Extreme, and Elevated of 1,2, and 3 respectively.

Edit 2: BTW, I did not check the number of flashes on the board. The numbers above represent the setting ID in OWBuddy

• I don't have OWBuddy and it doesn't seem to be possible to get it any longer, but I double-checked and I was indeed in Mission the whole time, so that must just be when you start hitting pushback. It seemed really pronounced, though. I felt like a captain with his foot up on the prow of a ship.

Anyway on my second ride my stabilizers were crazy worn out and I had a couple of good crashes that convinced me to forget about the top speed thing for a little bit. Particularly disconcerting was a crash going uphill when I felt totally comfortable and stable. Still not sure what happened, but I suspect the grade got steeper than I realized and the nose ate concrete.

• I noticed that too, I don't remember pushback kicking in at 15mph a few weeks ago...they might've changed something

• @No said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

I noticed that too, I don't remember pushback kicking in at 15mph a few weeks ago...they might've changed something

You would know if they changed something. Updating the riding curves is a process. You have to download an update, connect to your board via Bluetooth, and then upload new firmware to your board. There isn't any other way for them to change the firmware and riding curves on your board I promise.

• @J-Glide oh, I know, they updated it a week and a half ago, it had been a while since I tried to push my way up into the high teens, and it did feel like pushback was kicking a little sooner than I remembered

• My plus pushes back at 15mph too...my old V1 let me go much faster before having to fight pushback. Is this happening to just people with the Android app?

• @No the update they did was just the app. It won't affect the boards ridding. I think you missed what I was trying to say. When they update riding modes it has to upload a file to the board which takes time, and it has to ask you for permission. It's completely different than an app update. I don't know how else to explain the differences. I assure you though the app update didn't affect your board. There is no way in hell!

• @CBR-954rr You are in Cruz mode. If you don't want it to push back, then you need to change it to mission mode.

• @J-Glide I see, thanks for the explanation, now that I think about it, I'm probably just riding a little more cautiously, and it's making me more sensitive to the pushback at 15mph.

I've had a couple random nosedives due to the Mission shaping's tendency to overcompensate for sudden changes in terrain...I think I'll stick with Cruz for offroading from now on.

• @J-Glide said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

@CBR-954rr You are in Cruz mode. If you don't want it to push back, then you need to change it to mission mode.

According to the app, I'm definitely in Mission. Maybe an issue with the Android app?

• @J-Glide So are you saying I should be riding in Cruz mode if I WANT push back at 15 mph? Because on my OW+, it straight nosedives with no push back if I go anywhere above 15 mph (mission mode). I have been riding in mission and attempted a few times to feel this "push back" people speak of. So while in my parking garage (so it is completely flat, no bumps etc), I will be cruising around at 12 mph and very gradually I will lean into it a little more just trying gain 1 mph at a time with an attempt to feel some sort of push back. Essentially every time I get around 15 mph, its like a switch for the board to just completely drop the front and nose dive. Since I have no basis for comparison(new to OW), I am not sure if this something I am doing (I kind doubt this at this point. The first time I found it really odd, but I thought it was perhaps my fault. The other times i'll be riding along and poof the nose drops), perhaps the settings aren't right, or if there is something wrong with my board. At this point, I have never felt any push back. Also the nose of board seems to ride way too low. Can you adjust this? Anyways any help is appreciated. (I am using iOS if that matters)

• @goodblake-eskate something's not right if you're riding the OW+ in Mission Mode and your nose is dropping at 15mph. I've been up to 22mph and not felt any pushback nor any nose dropping issues. On the original OW, when you feel pushback the nose rises, not falls, so not sure what's up with your board.

• @groovyruvy I don't either. I intend on starting a thread and listing out all the things that I find odd after my first week of use when I have a little time to get the forums feedback on if these are normal or if I need to contact FM. (i.e. if its normal to hear a weird click coming from the hub randomly while riding? Not a rock, sounds like a gear shifting or something shifting within the hub.)
    @CBR-954rr isn't far from me so perhaps I could meet up with him to let him ride it. However, I am not sure many people would jump at the opportunity to test how my board nose dives around 15 mph :)

• @goodblake-eskate said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

@groovyruvy I don't either. I intend on starting a thread and listing out all the things that I find odd after my first week of use when I have a little time to get the forums feedback on if these are normal or if I need to contact FM. (i.e. if its normal to hear a weird click coming from the hub randomly while riding? Not a rock, sounds like a gear shifting or something shifting within the hub.)
    @CBR-954rr isn't far from me so perhaps I could meet up with him to let him ride it. However, I am not sure many people would jump at the opportunity to test how my board nose dives around 15 mph :)

I'll give it a try

• @CBR-954rr Brave, you are! :) Let me know when you think you could meet up and you are more than welcome to give it a go. Hopefully you have elbow pads! :)

• @goodblake-eskate said in OW+ Pushback at 15 in mode 6?:

@CBR-954rr Brave, you are! :) Let me know when you think you could meet up and you are more than welcome to give it a go. Hopefully you have elbow pads! :)

Well... I don't particularly want to crash on pavement at 15+mph. Are there any flat grassy areas near you? If not, you could meet me up at Brookhaven Park @ Peachtree & Osborne rd. I'm pretty busy today but could meet up any other day this week after work.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.