An honest review of the Plus vs. V1

• Finally got the + and fully tested it. Here's how it compares to V1:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better ride! I have no idea who posted the "it's a subtle upgrade" comment a month ago here. It's not even comparable. Super stable, way faster and feels a lot more like an electric skateboard+onewheel. Carves are more solid, there's a lot less side to side jittering, acceleration is very smooth. Normally, I cruise at 13-15mph on V1. On the plus, it's around 18-19. I'm sure you can hit 25mph or more with this one. The deck somehow feels a lot bigger and more planted.

Now the negative part - it's A LOT less range. About 23-25% less. I kept a chart of all the rides I've done on V1. At 47F I get 6.4 miles on V1. On the + it's 4.7 miles.... Yes, you go a lot faster, but still.... 4 miles is Boosted Board range... Could be quite a bit longer. Also, it's not quiet like some people say. You can still hear and feel it, but quite a bit less so when going above 15mph. Pedestrians still turn around when you're coming up on them.

Overall, a good way to describe the + is it's V1 with foot straps. After trying it out for a few hours, my V1 is now for sale, if anyone's interested.

UPDATE See a few more updated posts below for additional thoughts after all day of nothing but riding and recharging for 30 miles. :)

• @Gosha said in An honest review of the Plus vs. V1:

Finally got the + and fully tested it. Here's how it compares to V1:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better ride! I have no idea who posted the "it's a subtle upgrade" comment a month ago here. It's not even comparable. Super stable, way faster and feels a lot more like an electric skateboard+onewheel. Carves are more solid, there's a lot less side to side jittering, acceleration is very smooth. Normally, I cruise at 13-15mph on V1. On the plus, it's around 18-19. I'm sure you can hit 25mph or more with this one. The deck somehow feels a lot bigger and more planted.

I agree with all of the above, although I have no idea what you're referring to with "side-to-side jittering"--I don't think I ever had that problem.

Now the negative part - it's A LOT less range. About 23-25% less. I kept a chart of all the rides I've done on V1. At 47F I get 6.4 miles on V1. On the + it's 4.7 miles.... Yes, you go a lot faster, but still.... 4 miles is Boosted Board range... Could be quite a bit longer.

I don't know about 25%, but I have noticed the range is a tiny bit less on my commute, maybe 1-2% less battery power when I get to work. I wonder if it's a side effect of your outdoor temperature? The new motor has better heat control, so maybe it's allowing the motor to cool down too much?

Also, it's not quiet like some people say. You can still hear and feel it, but quite a bit less so when going above 15mph. Pedestrians still turn around when you're coming up on them.

This is absolutely 100% not the case with mine. My + is like riding a ghost compared to the V1. The only time it really makes noise is over rough concrete or when I reverse there's a quick chatter.

What's your tire pressure?

Overall, a good way to describe the + is it's V1 with foot straps. After trying it out for a few hours, my V1 is now for sale, if anyone's interested.

:) I'm keeping my V1 with a fender on to commute and rainy days. The + is going to be the summer commuter and the trail rider. Ride safe out there.

• Nice reply. Here are some updated numbers:

Realized my tire pressure was at 19, so took another pass at range on 21.5PSI, same as My V1. Got 5.6 miles this time. Much better, still about 13-15% less than V1.

Now that the tire is not as fresh and things don't cling on to it, the ride is definitely ghostly quiet. I love it. The new footpads are so dope. It feels strangely more elevated somehow, but in more control. All good things.

The side to side jiggering happens on V1 at really high tire pressure because tire is not as flat. Ultimately, I'll probably ride both at 20 psi - that seems to give a good middle ground for range, stability and carving.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.