Hold onto your v1 (have a plus)

• Really interesting you pointed this out. I noticed this while watching a video of someone on their plus and thought it was just them riding it strangely. At 5:30 notice how the tail hits the ground after almost every stair. The original onewheel goes nose down on the stairs at 5:14. Again the plus completely drags the tail at 6:27 and 6:44.

https://youtu.be/y_6aEOT7oO0?t=330

• I have not had the tail touch the ground yet (I think I was too chicken). There is one section on my regular loop where the tail inexplicably starts to drop and it definitely feels like its going to scrape and crash. Never experienced anything like it on my V1.

• Yea, I think the Mission shaping has a little too much torque sometimes and the OW overcompensates, I had the same issue with Elevated in the V1.

For tricky or uneven terrain, Cruz is much better

• The V2 sounds nice, but I really don't have any complaints with V1. Perhaps I don't know what I am missing, but I am perfectly content on V1. The different reviews and opinions and findings are fun to read though. Maybe I will snag one used in a year or 2. Or maybe the 10 mile V3 will be on us by then!

• The reason the tail drags on the Plus is because with the Mission shaping, every time your tire leaves the ground, it goes into full speed wheel spin mode. You learn after riding for a bit that you actually need to lean into it and overcompensate by leaning forward on the drops and large cracks. You can't ride it the same way you would ride a V1.

• @jeffmccosker that's a really good point, but I feel that the self-balancing in Mission is a little too aggressive, I wish I could have the feel of Cruz with the max speed of Mission, it'd be perfect (for me).

• @No I hear ya. Let's just hope Delirium is awesome when it drops... in like a year

• @jeffmccosker said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@No I hear ya. Let's just hope Delirium is awesome when it drops... in like a year

Was that a pun?

• Thanks for the ideas @No @jeffmccosker. I just tried Cruz and have the same problem. My tail just dragged when rolling over some power cables... Sounds like I gotta send the board back in

FM replied their repair tech is going to take a look at my diagnostics tomorrow morning

• My plus just developed a wierd squeak that occurs almost every forward rotation. In reverse there is no squeak. It has me worried so I emailed support. Anyone else put there have a simliar experience??

• @Snurfer mine did it for a few miles. The more I rode, the quieter it got, then it went away completely.

• @Snurfer mine had that, but it got worse, it seemed to get worse as the motor got warmer, had to send it in for repairs

• I went out with the Onewheel+ for the first time in a few days, had the same frightening experience with the nose high self balancing. This is unrelated to leaving the ground, just cruising down a slight hill at moderate speed, all of a sudden it like the tail is going to fall out from under me. I checked the mode and the light flashes 7 times when I power it on sitting on its side. I use Android and POWheel app to set to extreme, but it is not set up for the +.

• @markdjr sounds like full battery push back. Happens when battery gets overcharged. Power cycle it then ride uphill to expend some battery, then you can continue downhill.

• @groovyruvy said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@markdjr sounds like full battery push back. Happens when battery gets overcharged. Power cycle it then ride uphill to expend some battery, then you can continue downhill.

I think @groovyruvy is right. You can configure the onewheel app to warn you from overcharge with an accustic signal. Very helpfull if you are often starting (nearly) fully charged on the top of a hill...;-)

• @groovyruvy said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@markdjr sounds like full battery push back. Happens when battery gets overcharged.

I wonder if this is what happened to me recently when I wiped out at the bottom of my driveway? I had just charged up, then left the house and started down the driveway and at the bottom had to brake, and suddenly the tail hit the ground. I wasn't expecting it and over-compensated forward and wound up taking a dive onto the asphalt.

• @thegreck sounds like that's exactly what happened. If battery is 100% or close to full charge, easy solution is to burn off a few %ages of your battery first, then hit the downhill.

• I have experienced full battery push back as well as shut down. This is not that. It is more like the freewheeling described by the OP. It doesn't even feel like pushback, it's like the self balancing randomly goes wrong and it settles on an extreme tilt.

• I'd like to ammend my previous post. While my experience was not related to a downhill overcharge, I am now actually pretty certain it is pushback. It is a lot different than the pushback I've experienced on the v1, on the v1 it feels like a gentle push or resistance to my forward tilt, but it also feels like something I can resist to a degree. I don't know if it is the more powerful motor or the programming, but on the v2 it doesn't feel like it's pushing or resisting me, it feels like it just adjusts and it is a immovable wall. Once I hit speed on the v2 it will go to what feels like a 30-40 degree tilt and no matter how hard I push into it it won't move, as soon as I lean into the brakes a little it will re-level, but it stays in the high incline until the brakes are engaged. It is an awful experience but at least now I can anticipate it!

• @markdjr bro are you in Mission mode? I've been riding only in that mode and I cannot get the board to push back even at higher speeds. What mode are you riding in?

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.