Got kicked off twice

• Has anyone had any issues of the motor suddenly stopping for no reason? It throws you off. I went riding today and I bit it at about 5-6 mph. My feet were solidly on the boards. I wasn't accelerating or decelerating. Smooth asphault.

• This seems to happen to everyone who is new to riding. It's of course a shock to have it seemingly suddenly stop with feet seemingly planted. It's my contention that newbies accidentally tilt off the sensor or touch nose down so quick that it seems like a malfunction. It pretty much happens to everybody but stops happening the more you ride. If your board is actually malfunctioning then you would be in a very tiny minority.

• @Franky
    I see
    I'll ride some more and see if it happens again
    Got scraped up a little
    Got some minimalist elbow and knee pads just in case
    I'm taking the board with me to Las Vegas to ride

• I fell off the front twice too, I think I just got too comfortable and over learned. Luckily I ran it out on both occasions.

• Exactly. When I was learning, I was too overconfident and just leaned to hard into acceleration. It hasn't happened again since unintentionally, but I did play around with it at the beach to better know the limits.

• I have had a board shut down on me when I was wearing shoes with cleat treads and a heel. My guess is that the sensor was having a hard time with my shoes. Another potential problem could be that you're riding with the sensor under the wrong foot. Everyone tends to roll one of their feet more than the other during turns. Pay attention to which of your feet tends to shift the least and ride with that foot on the sensor.

• @Electric-Slide I've ridden with boots that had a heel and... well not flat. It wasn't really a problem.
    But it's true that it's less secure.
    However that foot thing is very true. I rode around a little bit with the board turned around (sensor back which I never ride). And suddenly it threw me off. It never happens usually. I didn't think that I moved my foot, but I did apparently.
    So yeah, I get why it happens to new riders, or riders switching foot. I wouldn't feel as safe riding sensor back.

• Yeah, it could have been the shoes. I have been riding for a few more days and no spills. Been trying flatter shoes.

• @lardnicus said:

Exactly. When I was learning, I was too overconfident and just leaned to hard into acceleration. It hasn't happened again since unintentionally, but I did play around with it at the beach to better know the limits.

Only been riding about a week now, and this is what keeps almost getting me. Getting too comfortable and accidentally putting too much weight on the front (which on a skateboard is no big deal) and nearly getting dumped off the front.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.