V1 nosedives at high speeds

• Today I was out on the v1 so I could try and do a few little tricks to learn for the plus withought screwing up the plus and my v1 always went fast. But today I was crushing at about 17, a car is behind me wanting to pass so I speed up to turn into the sidewalk and I'm going about 20, I dident realize but the car had already turned, I was going about 20 says the app and also my gut, and the nose just dips and I lean back a lot and try to catch myself but the whole thing disengages and I thankfully ran it out but my feet are killing me. I have no idea why the nose dipped while I was accelerating, after doing that my new top speed is apparently 27, so I wanted to know if any similar problems with the balance system going out while accelerating fast and the nose dipping a lot. I am fine and the OW seems to be working good other than that. I bet it's nothing and the onewheel just telling me to slow down or I'll kill myself and if I don't it will. And I did get the trick on both OW's fs 180 switch bs 180 reg bs 180 to switch bs 180 to fakie fs 180 I think, it's really complicated and all I know it looks kinds cool and makes me dizzy, I'm also working on learning a fs shuvit, I did it once but it was way sloppy and I dident ride it out... any of you daredevils got any tips?

• try going 35mph next time.....that might help ;)

• The top speed on the V is 14-15 mph.
    Anything above that, you're on your own and the balance is much less.
    Been riding for over a year and yet to by pass 13.9 mph according to the app.

• @sonny123 said in V1 nosedives at high speeds:

The top speed on the V is 14-15 mph.
    Anything above that, you're on your own and the balance is much less.
    Been riding for over a year and yet to by pass 13.9 mph according to the app.

I've gone around 20mph on my V1 and this is completely correct. After 16-17mph is like taking the training wheels off, you can definitely go faster but after that balancing is way more up to your own skills and the board makes that known with pushback. If you're above 17mph and you make any sudden movements or jam the front down trying to accelerate you'll probably end up on the ground.

• thank you for teaching us how to crash,
    enjoy your nosedives without trainingwheels ;)

• Today I was cruising around on my Onewheel going 70mph and all of a sudden something happened! Any idea why?

• @thegreck How many pushbacks to get to that speed? I found that once you get through the 16th pushback threshold, if you feather the throttle, you can hit 82 or 83 mph. But be warned! There's a little bit of freewheeling you'll have to contend with. Just wear the usual PPE and you'll be fine.

• @dcosmos And we all know what happens at 88 mph...

• LOL
    maybe one day FM will fix this problem!!
    ;)

• @thegreck 70mph how did you survive?

• @Pleepleus he was wearing full moto gp riding gear best of the best handcrafted leather. With a titanium plated helmet and a Safire visor. That's how.

• @OffRoadOW Don't forget the titanium nutprotector! (probably not a word in english :) )

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.