Another foot pad mod for v1

• Thanks to forum members here for the inspiration :-) I decided to experiment a little while having the foot pads off for Vicious regrip upgrade. Installed T nuts and 3d printed some custom kick pads. The surfboard kick pads seem too big for me. I just want to have more secure footing on sensor for off road riding and something to keep foot migration in check without having to look down. With this mod I can take off the kick pads or attach something else. Might try gripping the kick pads too, changing size/ shape or replacing with custom concave if I get around to it.

0_1494977962108_20170516_105349 (Small).jpg

0_1494978046318_20170516_105435 (Small).jpg

0_1494978103873_20170514_202041 (Small).jpg

0_1494978122607_20170514_202600 (Small).jpg

• Copy cat.. Lol..

0_1494989300192_Screenshot_20170516-214703-432x768.png

• Like I said, "Thanks to forum members here for the inspiration" :-) Without the modding pioneers, where would we be?? :-) @parrothd How do you like the tire? I want one the same shape but a slick.

• always cool to see footpad mod's and what people came up with!
    You can also make a little ramp and slide it under the sensor at the ends to mimic the surestance + pads...works great :)

• @timvdp I have been thinking about that but worried to damage the sensor trying to peel it up and also not sure the plastic piece over the sensor would work well with concave, especially bowled concave like I would prefer.

• @lieutenantglorp the Hoosier tire is the best mod period. Swapping my plus to it ASAP..

• Also, you don't need to drill/screw new holes, just use longer screws in the original foot pad mount points..

• @lieutenantglorp
    the sensor is a flexible sheath with a bit of glue on the wood

• @parrothd said in Another foot pad mod for v1:

Also, you don't need to drill/screw new holes, just use longer screws in the original foot pad mount points..

My kick pads are 2 piece and the foot pad holes are in the wrong place for them anyway. You definitely have a simpler solution.

• @timvdp said in Another foot pad mod for v1:

@lieutenantglorp
    the sensor is a flexible sheath with a bit of glue on the wood

Yes, but since nothing is between sensor and plastic, I don't see how the concave won't cause a small gap between the two unless it is single concave like on the plus?

• it wouldn't but the concave couldn't be too steep

• @parrothd - not sure if your aware but swapping your tire may void your warranty. I was told by FM that just replacing the grip tape on the pads voids your warranty, which is really kind of lame.
    Btw I swapped the tire on both my v1's and changed the grip tape. My plus remains unmolested until I'm sure I won't have to send it back for anything.

• @wr420 that's why for any mods you do make sure you can put it back to stock if needed. I swapped the grip ape but kept the old tape and have an extra set of footpads on the way in case I do need to send it in. I am planning on doing the tire mod in the next week or two and I will hold on to the old tire in case I need to send it in. I'm hoping they start coming out with new/better options that are sold by FM for griptape and tires/anything else people have added for functionality and looks. So then we wouldn't void our warranties and would have the piece of mind that FM can support you if any problems do arise with a mod.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.