Onewheel Rider Map

• I have set up a Google Maps and dropped a pin with my Onewheel forum Userid here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=11ueb2ioOKLbHXkhm7Rou8tscqqc&ll=30.638192204266176%2C-61.422430527925144&z=4

Perhaps we can get a collection of Onewheelers willing to get together for rides (drop a pin and tag it with a userid). We can look up via userid and chat (I am on Google+ as well). I've not seen it from anyone else or Future Motion.

Seems more efficient than posting a topic and awaiting a reply.

• @Diogenes Neat. I put a pin down in Seattle. But I'm so old that's the most I'll figure out how to do. Happy trails!

• added a pin! May want to share on facebook.

The onewheel app only shows 1200ish riders in the country.

• @Diogenes Wonderful idea!

• Just added myself. Can't wait until my + arrives!

• FYI... someone previously set this up:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2431103&add=1

• We also started working on a map where people could add pins for cool locations for riding, with the idea that people who were traveling would be able to quickly find good riding spots near them.

Everyone thought it was a great idea, but we couldn't seem to get enough participation and it's been stagnating for a year:
    https://goo.gl/maps/8px9F9SVVtH2

• Don't forget: you can find nearby riders directly from inside the OW app. From the main tab, select the riders icon in the upper right corner and select the range. It looks like you can message them, too, though I haven't tried it.

You can also see local rides near you, and if you mark rides before heading out it will save the ride route and stats for others to see.

There are probably better methods for group communication, but it's an easy way to see nearby riders and good spots that others have marked.

• Added my pin..hopefully my + will arrive before summer is over.

• @iiikz said in Onewheel Rider Map:

Don't forget: you can find nearby riders directly from inside the OW app. From the main tab, select the riders icon in the upper right corner and select the range. It looks like you can message them, too, though I haven't tried it.

You can also see local rides near you, and if you mark rides before heading out it will save the ride route and stats for others to see.

There are probably better methods for group communication, but it's an easy way to see nearby riders and good spots that others have marked.

Two problems I've noticed using the OneWheel app:

• Messages are sent & received by email! 😕🙄

• Near by Riders - doesn't accurately show how far away each rider is!
    Maybe they'll fix this problem in the next update.

• @TJ04 I have definitely noticed the same. i have to set the slider to 50 miles just to see folks inside of a 15-25 mile radius.

i do really like the feature where you can see other's rides. I hope that people will continue to record good riding spots - it's great to not only see a pin where the spot is, but also to see the route, length, etc.

• Nice thinking, just added a pin.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.