V1 may better for newbs..

• Just thought of this as I was riding the +
    V1 may be better for newbies.
    The pushback feature at around 11-13 mph is a great way to protect you until you're well familiar and comfortable with it.
    Once you're able to push past pushback and stay balanced,
    you'll find the + a world of difference.
    I'm yet to go over 15 mph on the + and probably won't anytime soon.

12-15 is a perfect cruising speed with no annoying pushback.

• V1 is better for hardcore riders who want to:

• go really fast (on the plus this is sketchy as hell)

• ride rough terrain (on plus the tail drags with minimal wheel slip)

• have more low end torque (can't push the plus around as playfully - some think this feels too wobbly and would prefer plus which drives like a cruise ship)

But if you don't want to push the speed and prefer more stability, plus seems like the way to go.

• @PowerWheel5000 said in V1 may better for newbs..:

But if you don't want to push the speed and prefer more stability, plus seems like the way to go.

I think that's what does it for me and the majority of riders.
    I'm always amazed by the fact I'm riding on a single wheel with an ultra smooth ride.
    There's always gonna be the Fabuz's and Slydogstrohs who'll defy the law of physics.

• @sonny123 Don't forget @jeffmccosker

• @Polle said in V1 may better for newbs..:

@sonny123 Don't forget @jeffmccosker

Respect.

• Hold the phone - just saw a video of some fast and fun plus riding by @slydogstroh - so it definitely is possible and I may have to eat my words. The plus appears to clearly kick the v1s butt. Time to pad up and figure out this beast

• @sonny123 said in V1 may better for newbs..:

@PowerWheel5000 said in V1 may better for newbs..:

I think that's what does it for me and the majority of riders.
    I'm always amazed by the fact I'm riding on a single wheel with an ultra smooth ride.
    There's always gonna be the @fabuz's and @slydogstroh who'll defy the law of physics.

Agree. Granted I don't have mine yet... but I have pretty slow and realistic plans for use. Looking for that zen like beach cruise... maybe someday I'll want to split lanes in Boston... but I doubt it. The ability to walk pain free into work every day is still a priority.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.