Order #'s of Problem Boards

• I have a few weeks before my + arrives.
    Don't like hearing about the problems some have had with theirs--makes me think about canceling and waiting to reorder.

A bad batch theory makes sense to me. Why don't we gather a list of order numbers of the boards that have had problems? Maybe it'll help figure out the solution.

• Don't forget that a big percentage of 'problems' are reported by new riders that don't yet completely understand the way the OW works.
    A lot of failures and nosedives are user-caused and are not malfunctions of the OW.

• @jkrelleno

Serial No. 1711015953

Mine's back at FM due to shutdowns while accelerating. Here's the thread I started on the subject: http://community.onewheel.com/topic/6944/nosediving/30

• #84**
    Sticky OW+ footpads with runaways.

I am holding on to it till my other board gets back from repair. Order#98** something. It is getting lame.

• @shattle My order No. was 80**

• 834* issues at 60+ miles.

Board shut off after 0.3 miles of riding
    Battery not charging
    Battery info not syncing with app "0.00" with all cells and temp 32F

Jkrelleno, why is it taking a few weeks to repair your board?

• It's not being repaired--it's just due here in a few weeks.

The inconsistency and sometimes troubling stories have me wondering if I should cancel the order and just stick with my V1 for a while and see if the problems some people are having with the + sort themselves out, if there is a recall, if a firmware update fixes it all, if FM admits to a problem batch, etc., for example.

• Guys you can post your whole order number. There is literally no point in hiding the last digit or two. Its not like your identity is going to be stolen because we know your order number. Not posting the whole number makes this attempt at gathering accurate information pointless.

• Order 8504. Battery died and wouldn't recharge. It's in repair now.

• 7171* I've had my plus tail drop a few times on small things like an extension cord.. makes no sense... Then i rip through the grass with no issues.. it's weird.. this one particular curb on my block makes it drop too.. its less then 1/2 high .. not enough to make the V1 fail but for some reason the plus fails.. it really screws with your confidence.. it's always in the back of my head that I may have to run it out at any moment. Never had a single issue with my V1..

• @njcustom I can see how that would f💩ck with your confidence. The tail is likely dropping because the motor is more powerful, so when it gets airborne and the wheel spins, when it makes contact with the ground again it outruns you momentarily.

I bet (hope) they're working to correct this. Seems like it should be programmed so the wheel would never go from one speed to triple the speed in a fraction of a second.

• @njcustom said in Order #'s of Problem Boards:

7171* I've had my plus tail drop a few times on small things like an extension cord.. makes no sense... Then i rip through the grass with no issues.. it's weird.. this one particular curb on my block makes it drop too.. its less then 1/2 high .. not enough to make the V1 fail but for some reason the plus fails.. it really screws with your confidence.. it's always in the back of my head that I may have to run it out at any moment. Never had a single issue with my V1..

Yeah, it's definitely common with the new shaping profiles on the plus. I've found that as long as your are level or leaning forward slightly it's not noticeable...so if you know a crack or drop is coming up, do your braking before you get to it and level up the board going over it. Hopefully it is something that will be addressed by FM cause it sucks when you're trying to slow down over rough terrain and your board accelerates instead causing the tail to drag.

• @thegreck That is also my theory. At first I thought tail drop was a defect with the board (gyro failing momentarily or something like that), but it seems likely that it is just the result of the wheel accelerating while it is airborne, causing the forward jerk (and subsequent tail drop) when it makes contact with the ground again.

• @CBR-954rr speaks wise words. On the original when the wheel loses contact with the ground, it continues spinning at the same speed, whereas on the plus the wheel spins really fast, like in overdrive. As a result I handle drops, wheelslip, wheel losing contact with the ground differently on each board. On the original I tend to lean back as when you land you tend to get tossed forward (nosedive), so leaning back braces you for that and enables you to ride it out. On the plus if you lean back when you lose contact, that's no bueno because with the wheel spinning super fast, when you land the tail drops. You can avoid this, or minimize this, by standing more over the nose and/or keeping more pressure on the nose, anticipating the acceleration and providing counter-weight to bring the board back down to the speed you were cruising at. Different boards, different approaches. With that said, I will say that even with diligence on the plus, my tail sometimes drops, as I'm unable to see / anticipate every wheelslip before it happens, and in those instances I'm not prepared.

• @groovyruvy

Noticed the exact same thing and you explained it pretty well.
    It can take you off guard at first as you're used to the V1.

• @njcustom I've had that same experience on my + since I received it a couple weeks ago. Two times I've had to bail after a tail drop over a small lip but yet I have no problem plowing through really bumpy grass. Odd one.

• Another plus tail drop victim reporting in

• @OCB So it's a feature, not a defect.... ;)

• @thegreck the wheel never slips or comes off the ground..

• @shattle you may be right! Just keeps me on my toes and ready.

• 0_1496712643097_Screenshot_20170605-201732.png

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.