+ Pushback at 16.

• Ok so the top speed is suppose to be 19 but the pushback on the + comes in pretty hard at 16 I can't seem to counter it. I am a first time owner and have now logged in 200 miles and after getting comfortable I my biggest problem now is hitting pushback and not having enough speed. Do you guys just lean forward and work past it? I nose dived once and I guess have a natural reaction to just let it go and not push past it. I really think they should make the pushback come in at 17-18mph not 16... when the topspeed is 19.

• Just gotta lean into it.. be careful though

• The pushback at 16mph is to sure that there is adequate power remaining to get the rider balanced, account for elevation changes, prevent thermal shutdown, etc. Mostly because of the rider varables (weight and riding style), the system kicks back to ensure it can continue without nose diving. And this is where the reports of nose diving occurs at 20mph because the board is unable to keep up with the stability requirements needed for the rider.

Once that threshold is passed, the board overloads or is unable to sustain power needed for balance and failure occurs.

Respect the pushback, it's there for a reason.

• @SkyPilot said in + Pushback at 16.:

The pushback at 16mph is to sure that there is adequate power remaining to get the rider balanced, account for elevation changes, prevent thermal shutdown, etc. Mostly because of the rider varables (weight and riding style), the system kicks back to ensure it can continue without nose diving. And this is where the reports of nose diving occurs at 20mph because the board is unable to keep up with the stability requirements needed for the rider.

Once that threshold is passed, the board overloads or is unable to sustain power needed for balance and failure occurs.

Respect the pushback, it's there for a reason.

I so respect it and thats why I back off but it sucks because that's just simply not enough speed once you get around 180-200 miles of experience on the board I am constantly riding at 15-16 wanting more. They advertised 19mph and I am afraid to go past 16 cause of the pushback.

• Same here and I feel your pain. I hesitate going pass 16mph myself for the same reasons.

• That's odd that you guys are getting it at 16mph on the plus.. I don't feel it till closer to 18mph in mission and even then it's not as aggressive as the V1.. able to cruise at 18mph no problem.. Let's hope delirium solves this and gives that lil extra speed boost.

• @GlueBreath That's how mine was when I first got it, I was cruising at 18 all day, not sure what happened but one day I started getting hard pushback at 16.

• I almost never feel pushback, my ref cruising speed is about 18-19 sometimes I get it if I really work it... that's when I crash tho...
    About 350miles on the plus.

• I have the exact same experience. I'm at 75 miles in. NO FALLS. Knock on wood! Day 1 I was practicing on smooth ground and got to 17.3mph. Didn't notice pushback. Now RIGHT at 16mph I feel it pretty strong, and I'm very scared to attempt to push on. Don't want a nosedive. I definitely feel like now that I'm more comfortable, 16 just isn't fast enough. Wish I could cruise at 18 or so (nitpicking for sure at this point). Question is: when that initial 15/16mph pushback happens, do you have a little more room to go before it nosedives? Is it like saying "you're within 5mph of nosediving"? I understand factors like terrain and incline/decline matter, but just assuming a flat, smooth surface. I'm 185lbs and my tire is at 22psi.

• @PwnWheel The problem is a nosedive doesn't happen at a particular speed, it's when you tip the scales too much one way or the other (you can force a nosedive even when you're barely moving by suddenly shifting most of your weight onto the front).

The Onewheel attempts to stay under you to keep you from doing that, but ultimately it's up to you not to put too much of your weight onto either footpad. Should be nearly evenly distributed always.

• @No said in + Pushback at 16.:

@GlueBreath That's how mine was when I first got it, I was cruising at 18 all day, not sure what happened but one day I started getting hard pushback at 16.

This is exactly what happened to me when I first got it hitting 17-18 was no problem now the push back is very pronounced at 16 almost can't ride past it.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.