Purchasing new Footpads for the +

• Hi All,
    Apologies to ask a question first post. I got my plus a few days ago and have been too stoked riding it to post on line. I reckon my footpads will be the first thing to wear out, sometime in the future, does anyone know if you can buy replacements yet? I only see V1 pads in the store.

Any info much appreciated, thank you!

• I am guessing that the "OW+ footpads" will be made available in da store around the same time when the 1st OW+ shipped have their warranty expired. By then those guys have no choice to buy them if it goes bad .

• The footpads will be available when they catch up to production and there is no wait time on the Plus. This is a business decision from Future Motion so that they can sell as many of the Plus's as possible before people start putting the Plus footpad on the V1. If you could buy footpads for the Plus you would be less llikely to buy a plus. Plain and simple.

• @MichaelW said in Purchasing new Footpads for the +:

The footpads will be available when they catch up to production and there is no wait time on the Plus. This is a business decision from Future Motion so that they can sell as many of the Plus's as possible before people start putting the Plus footpad on the V1. If you could buy footpads for the Plus you would be less llikely to buy a plus. Plain and simple.

Has this been officially announced by "Future Motion". If not then this is just pure speculation, just like majority of conversations . I made a similar remark regarding the sale of the footpads months ago somewhere here, however I have learned that it is what it is and it happens when it happens.

May seem like a good business strategy, but some Companies are savy enough to take people money when they can. Who knows what's exactly @play regarding the reasons why the OW+ footpads are not yet available. It would be naive to say that people will not buy the new plus when they can just upgrade their footpads. It's not quite the same end product.

• Thanks for the replies. i'd never of thought of it this way...and honestly it seems like a pretty funny strategy.

• @MichaelW I agree, by putting the V2 footpads on the V1...you essentially have a V2 with much better range and 50% less power, all for the cost of the footpads (80$ maybe?) that's a significant upgrade for the cost. If the leaderboards are any indication, most riders would probably rather have range over speed anyway.

• @fruitygreen This is based on conversations I have had with people very close to the company. Call it speculation if you will... As far as I'm concerned it makes 100% sense. In the beginning nearly everyone was asking about the pads being compatible. Why? Because of these people wanted to keep the V1 and upgrade the pads to save some money. Sense then, many of those people have caved in and bought the Plus even though it is only slightly better (my opinion 20% better if they both have the same pads 10% better). I have over 3000 miles on my V1 and just passed 200 on my Plus. So I do have some credibility I think. Remember.... they didn't even want to tell us the pads were compatable in the beginning. Why? I think its obvious. I'm not saying I'm right I just saying based on my experence and the people I've talked to I'm pretty sure my theory is likely.

• @MichaelW have you made an attempt to swap footpads between the two models you possess, and noted a difference?

• More likely it's because they need all the + footpads they can produce for the actual + boards that are on pre-order, otherwise they'd be shipping pluses without footpads. So as @MichaelW said, once they catch up with orders and can get some extra stock made, I'm sure they'll be available to buy in their store.

• @MichaelW have you made an attempt to swap footpads between the two models you possess, and noted a difference?

I will be doing this in the next week I think. I am putting V1 pads on a plus for my wife and I'll take the Plus pads and put them on a V1. Should be fun to see how it feels...

• I can't wait til the V2 footpads are available, I want to do some serious modding to mine, but I need a spare set just in case I damage the sensor

• @MichaelW
    @thegreck
    You guys support the same theory. If you guys are correct in the idea, this would make "Future Motion" a company with no vision of the future.
    With hind sight let's look @how they push the Plus as their new flagship board. And now here we are today, with riders only wanting a new footpad upgrade?

How do we understand the next move that FM will make?

Suppressing the sales of the "+ footpads" does not eacalate the sales of the OW+.
    I believe their might be issues with the new footpads. Production runs and/or technical issues.

FM should of figured a lot out before releasing the Plus.

Apple had vision and success with their products. FM could of made the new "+ footpads"
    incompatible with the original board in some way or make it proprietary.

Let's not speculate or give false hopes, because when the president say let's do it then we can say it will happen.

My prediction is that it will happen when it happens.

• @fruitygreen I think we can all agree, it will happen when it happens ;)

• Long speculation followed by "let's not speculate" hmmm

• @fruitygreen Forums are built for speculating. And my theory wasn't that Future Motion was intentionally withholding footpads to drive sales as @MichaelW said, it was that they don't HAVE any extras right now because they need them for the 100s of boards they're making to try and get caught up with preorders. It's not a huge leap.

I say they'll appear in the store right around the same time people stop griping that it's taking a long time to receive their Onewheel.

• @thegreck Are you saying I'm more of a speculator than you? Pretty rude greck.

• @MichaelW said in Purchasing new Footpads for the +:

@thegreck Are you saying I'm more of a speculator than you? Pretty rude greck.

You, sir, are what's known as a spectaculator :P

• Hi all, I sent FM a question asking if the plus footpads would be compatible to fit my V1 & just got an Email but from Jack Mudd saying c/p The One+ footpads are compatible with the V1 board, but they aren't available yet to purchase. Keep an eye out on our website for when they are, and just note that you'll also have to snag a pair of the One+ bumpers for your V1 in order for them to fit!. So I thought I should share the good news.

• @oneonone I just called the 1-800 future motion customer service # today and asked about the availability of the + pads (I was actually calling em' for a separate reason) but... the answer I got was appx. 2 - 3 months out. So... everybody be patient and (my sudgestion is) just take sometime to gaze up @ the clouds and be happy with what you got under your feet.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.