Over regeneration error - battery still at 100% after 11% usage

• Problem:
    Onewheel v1 gives me the Regeneration Alarm even after I've used 11% battery.

Clues:
    I've drained the battery to 0% and done an overnight charge, but this didn't help.
    I've reinstalled the app, but this didn't help.
    I commute the same route for work and haven't had this problem in the past.
    When the app gives me the over regeneration alarm, my board actually will not shut off.

What's going on? Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a software bug and I should ignore the alarm and ride my board as usual? Or, is this a battery fault that would be covered under warranty?

Cheers,
    blankets

0_1500339389113_a.png

• I expirence the same problem. Almost like the calibration is off on the battery metering system. when riding with a group my board will report 100% a quarter into the ride while everyone else’s board is at 75%. My regeneration alarm goes off while riding on flat land for the 1st 5% when no one else’s does.
    Planning on sending it in over the winter to have it looked at.

• @blankets Same here too! I'm in talks with Future Motion about if I have to send my Plus back or not. My experence is you can ride it no problem you just have to deal with not knowing what is going on. Also, my board used to die at 22% or so now after I charged it for two days it dies at 7%. Theh hardest thing is that is dies too soon. That means I have to carry the board which has been happing more than I would like. I'll let you know what they say in regards to sending it back.

• @blankets their battery reading system may be wanky. I don't have the same issue you're experiencing but when my boards (original and +) reach 1% I can still go at least a 1/2-mile- which is nice, but I don't really get why it's like that.

• I'm in the same boat. I've noticed that the usage/regen % is usually about what right for what I would expect, it just requires doing some math in my head to figure out where I'm at. It's really hot these days (90+ degrees) and I wonder if that's why all of us are just now experiencing this? Maybe the battery sensor is heat sensitive? I haven't looked closely to see if the individual cells are accurate, though they all seem to be balanced. Hopefully someone will figure out a "fix" to this so we won't have to be without boards for awhile.

• Has this been addressed by @Future-Motion ?

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.