Air pressure

• What is the lowest psi you would run?

• @onewheelwraith said in Air pressure:

What is the lowest psi you would run?

0 psi....Onewheel to the death!

Seriously, tho. Depends on rider weight, surface, expected outcome including handling, speed, and whether or not you want to replace your tire sooner than later. Wouldn't imagine that psi in the low teens would last you long in terms of tire wear.

• Taking the last number off your weight is a good place to start. Like if you weigh 170, you can try 17psi. Probably wouldn't go any lower than that, but you can increase to your taste up to 20psi.

• I have run 20 psi for basically 275 miles and wanted to try I little lower pressure to see how it was but I didn't have a gauge as I was out cruising so I just let some out until it felt soft and ripped it and it was friggin amazing it was easy to go fast past pushback cruising and carve like never felt before so i checked it when i got home and it was like 8 psi.....hahaha I put it back up to 15 and it just feels like it has 20 in it still compared to the 8psi run but I feel like 8 psi would be so much drag on the motor I didn't check my motor temp after the run either I would like to know if it was running hot from the extra drag. I may just have to drop it down again to find out :)

• @onewheelwraith

Anything lower that 15 PSI, the edges of the tire will wear pretty fast

• Tires are cheap I just don't want to pop the controller or fry the motor up......

• @onewheelwraith said in Air pressure:

Tires are cheap I just don't want to pop the controller or fry the motor up......

If you don't mind spending $100 for tire change and being without your board for two weeks every few hundred miles, go for it!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.