Onewheel+ just got better. The new Andromeda is here

• @tsar_chasm said in Onewheel+ just got better. The new Andromeda is here:

@future-motion Very uncool that you would release this on one platform before the other. Why not wait for it to be ready to launch an Android before dropping the update? I think we deserve to know the date it will launch for Android, refreshing the Play store every hour is gonna get real old, real fast!

Learn some patience. Do you have any idea what goes into the creation of these apps? How does holding the iOS release until the Android release help you in any way? That's the most selfish thing I've ever heard. Chill out.

• Common for any software vendor to release mobile updates on one platform before the other.

• At what mileage or usage level does delirium unlock? Still locked on mine, but I don't have enough experience yet anyway. Just curious.

• To everyone gouging FM for the release.... Even if FM finished both simultaneously, the respective app stores could keep the rollout from being the same. Additionally, the staggered roll-out approach is actually better for both us and them. It helps gauge any issues with the firmware/app with early adopters before a complete roll-out. I do wish the firmwares were separate from the app, and available as separate files. This would remove the need to update the app at all for firmware updates. Additionally, you could revert a bad firmware update to a previous firmware you were comfortable with. If FM wants to share the boards API, and host the firmwares, I'm sure some of us devs would be happy to help make this happen ;)

Thanks FM for the awesome board and continuous improvements.

• @keithers do you have updated the FW with an iPhone? After updating I logged out my account, closed the app, reopened and singed in again on my account. After that elevated and delirium was ready to go :) I also don't have.much experience. Got my + since 5 days and zipped 100km with a lot of fun :D

• @kull I'm sorry, did Apple users pay more to deserve an earlier release? I don't care about goes into the app's creation, if it's released for one group it should be released to both. Go sit on a cactus if you disagree.

• @iiikz The article you post states sales for phone models, not OS platforms. Of course the most current generation iPhone is going to be the best selling phone at any given time as Apple doesn't license iOS to any other companies. That doesn't change the fact that their global install base is only 20% (although considerably higher in developed countries). But regardless of the "business case," it is a really crappy way to treat the majority of your customers.

• Hey Folks, you should update your Android apps.

• @future-motion said in Onewheel+ just got better. The new Andromeda is here:

Hey Folks, you should update your Android apps.

Excellent!

• @future-motion how about us Windows users? Please represent!

• @heyitsme Flipping Awesome! Sorry for the harsh words on the absence of an Android update. You have to admit though...FM has conditioned many of us to interpret "soon" as "in three months or so." :)

• @fruitygreen currently the app won't let you switch modes if the board's going over I think like one mile an hour, so you need to come to pretty much a complete stop and then you can switch modes.

• @keithers there is nothing you need to do to unlock delirium. It doesn't unlock after you got a certain mileage mark, that's a myth. All you need to do is update your firmware by updating the app with an Apple device, then close and reopen it and you should be able to switch to delirium.

• @groovyruvy said in Onewheel+ just got better. The new Andromeda is here:

@fruitygreen currently the app won't let you switch modes if the board's going over I think like one mile an hour, so you need to come to pretty much a complete stop and then you can switch modes.

I kinda know that? I set a challenge for FUTURE Motion to change that. They called themselves "darn good at programming "

This is going knowwhere.

• @heyitsme Sure 80% of the worlds smartphones may be running on Android, but in no way does that mean that a "majority of your[FM] customers" are running Android. As you mentioned, iOS has a higher adoption rate in developed countries that's because it is more expensive product and preferred by the more affluent, in general. I think it is safe to assume that those buying OWs are on the more affluent of the smartphone market. So I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of their customers are iOS users or at least much closer to equal than your 80% market statistic. I work for a company that works with high net worth individuals and in our research, a majority of our clients use iOS big a fairly large margin so we always focus on and release iOS before Android. Just my 2 cents.
    However I am glad they released it on Android as it is awesome!

• So, updated and a few thoughts:

1. VERY VERY VERY LOUD GRINDING noise at first use/startup after update. Like, wildly loud, really concerning. Lessened over a few minutes, now is just mildly louder than normal.

(That shit was terrifying, anyone have any idea what that was???!?!?)

1. OH BABY! Ride is so much better, board is now stiff and responsive, way less 'floaty'.

I can see riding in mission mode sometimes for that loose and gentle feeling, but to my taste, this is the 'sport' setting, way more confident feeling.

1. Thank you FM for the update, and the relatively quick Android update.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.