"Surging" Mission after FW update

• I find that Mission has a new glitch that is distressing. When going up a hill, suddenly the board will surge... much the way it does when going over rough terrain. It hasn't thrown me, but i'm not sure I won't fall hard because of it.

What's going on here? I have almost 400 miles on this, and this is certainly new, unwelcomed behavior.

Anyone else notice this?

• Ya I noticed that a bit yesterday even riding on flat ground when accelerating hard. I get it in all modes tho it seems.

• @bendalton a LOT of riders are reporting this same thing. I experienced it myself last night going up a decent but not super aggressive grade. Board feels either its losing power for a split sec and then the power kicks back in; or maybe it's better described as a split-second surge that goes away almost as quickly as you notice it. However you describe it, it's real and it's real distracting.

• Good to know. I have been gravitating to Delirium since it came out. I guess I will stay there until Mission gets fixed on the next update if Motion is working on an update patch.

• I'll have to give Delirium a longer trial... my initial impression was just "solid".

It's like I'm riding a super stable platform. It's great but I missed the carving ability aka the squirreliness of Mission.

I am going to submit an official support ticket. I'd definitely prefer the old Mission to this new one. Although, I got about 15% more range out of this new one...

• @bendalton I'm confused. It sounds like you're comparing Delirium to Mission as though Delirium replaced Mission, which it didn't. And they're actually designed for different terrain (Mission is for street, Delirium is for dirt track).

• @Gadgetrider I'm not directly comparing the two. Mission is my go-to, but as it stands now, it's leaving me a little/lot less confident than before the firmware update. These intermittent little "shoves" from the onewheel make me feel like it's only a matter of time before I get thrown.

For Delirium, yes it is officially optimized for that use case, but there's nothing inherently limiting it to dirt tracks. The greater torque and overall stability are also useful/enjoyable on pavement. What I noticed most between Mission and Delirium is that extra stability - for better and worse. It seems like it is less maneuverable in a tight spot, but handles bumps and changes in incline with more confidence. So a mixed bag for folks like me.

Since I haven't noticed any surges on Delirium, I might try it for a while - despite my 99% pavement commute.

• Yes.!
    I had a hard fall after carving onto an uphill road. Never fell at that road before and found myself flying forward.. I can't say if it was a surge as it all happened so fast. But it could have been one.. I got some serious wounds with blood etc after that fall.. Healing now..

• @fun2ride heal fast bro! Could it maybe have been the dreaded nosedive while going uphill? Fairly easy to do as the nose is closer to the road due to the incline.

• I've noticed surging with Delirium also actually. I can even feel small pulsing vibrations in the motor when balancing at a stop where they weren't there before. I wondered if this is just their way of getting more power out of it.

• Did anybody solve this surg Problem? Very annoying and dangerous when going uphill.
    Or has everybody lernt to deal with this new phenomen?

• @owpete I'm a 150 lb rider and I don't feel a thing...

• With 200lb it is pretty heavy.

• @owpete

I find my weight position on the board and motor temp play into it also. A little unsettling but you know the board is working to keep you safe and do get used to it.. a little with time.

FM knows about. Unclear if they will change the firmware in the future.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.