Frustrated and Pissed off Customer

• I'm very, very, very frustrated by how my purchase has been handled. I was supposed to be using my board back in July 28 but up to now it is still in limbo. Here's a summary of what has so far happened:

July 28 night - The board was delivered by FedEx.

July 29 morning - I tried to start the board but it did not start. Tried to troubleshoot it but no dice. Never had a chance to ride it.

July 29 morning - I created a ticket but no support on weekends.

July 31 night - I received the shipping label and sent the board back to Future Motion.

Aug 7 morning - the board arrived at Future Motion office. I did not receive any update until 2 days after.

Aug 9 morning - the diagnosis started, but had to call Support multiple times because there was no update whatsoever.

Aug 15 - waited for 1 week then got an update after calling multiple times and learned that a module in the battery had to be replaced. At this point I don't know how the board passed quality control in the first place. Was it tested before it was shipped to me?

Aug 21 afternoon - I found out that the board was somehow returned back by FedEx to Future Motion. After 6 freaking days!

Aug 21 late afternoon - I paid for $135 for 2-day shipping to get the board sooner -- Aug 24.

Aug 23 morning - I found out that the board was shipped using standard shipping. The board will not arrive until Aug 28. What happened to the $135 I paid to get the board sooner? Now it appears that I'm not going to get the board until Aug 28.

Aug 24 morning - I requested to be sent a new board with 2-day delivery because I never had a chance to ride the board. It was defective when it arrived.

Aug 24 afternoon - My request needed authorization from a manager but the manager's on vacation. I requested to just return the defective board, but of course, an authorization from the manager was needed.

This has been a very, very frustrating experience for me.

Has anyone experienced this before?

• Keeping an eye on this. Placed my order yesterday. I empathize with your frustration.

• This seems to be an issue with FedEx and fm so I see your frustration but I don't think you can entirely blame t on fm...

• @offroadow said in Frustrated and Pissed off Customer:

This seems to be an issue with FedEx and fm so I see your frustration but I don't think you can entirely blame t on fm...

I don't know. I've really been patient about this whole thing because I know that things are not perfect. However, to me this is like pre-ordering and pre-paying for the biggest Samsung curved TV from their website only to receive it broken/defective. You'd think that they'd replace it right away. But no, you return it to Samsung and they inform you that you had already used it (even though it never powered on) and thus cannot be replaced. So you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. :-(

• @jeffgoot I know the feeling the onewheel pluses that we ordered took forever to come and getting a repair on the onewheel (v1) was a pain because it took forever to get it back with shipping stuff and all that! If you have a balance board in your house it helps to practice that in the meantime to pass time and to hone in on your onewheel skills. But if not get a longboard and cruise on that. Sometimes you can get some cheap ones at Walmart they give me mine because somebody had taken off one of the wheels had been stolen and I got a new set of better wheels and better bearings for about 30 and it's a pretty solid board for 30 all in... just be patient I guess... :-(

• I empathize with you. We are all customers and I'm sure FM by no means wants you to have a bad experience. Give em a chance. Besides, seriously what are you gonna do? Ditch ow and go with a knockoff like trotter board? FM pretty much has a monopoly on the ow and it would be hard to go with an alternative.

• @jeffgoot not experienced it personally but I hear you. I suspect the problem is that they have limited staff (seems like they may want to hire more people), they're struggling to keep up with demand and get all the + orders shipped out, and on top of that there are some issues with the rollout of the new Andromeda update- a lot of riders are having some pretty not so good issues. It's no excuse but I think that's what's delaying a swift resolution.

• @groovyruvy said in Frustrated and Pissed off Customer:

@jeffgoot not experienced it personally but I hear you. I suspect the problem is that they have limited staff (seems like they may want to hire more people), they're struggling to keep up with demand and get all the + orders shipped out, and on top of that there are some issues with the rollout of the new Andromeda update- a lot of riders are having some pretty not so good issues. It's no excuse but I think that's what's delaying a swift resolution.

I'm in product development (software) too so I get it which is why I've been patient about the whole thing and help out in anyway I can like documenting whatever I bump into -- video, screenshots, diagnostics information, etc. I put them all in the ticket for the team to see. It's the anxiety of anticipation and the seemingly confluence of errors in my order that contributed in the waning down of the patience and enthusiasm.

Thanks very much for the support.

• @jeffgoot

Sounds like a series of bad luck.
    Pretty sure FM will come through for you.
    From experience, I know they have great customer service.
    Hope you get your board soon and start shredding.

• That's pretty normal service for Future Motion, anyone saying any different has never delt with them or was very lucky.. Sorry..

• @parrothd said in Frustrated and Pissed off Customer:

That's pretty normal service for Future Motion, anyone saying any different has never delt with them or was very lucky.. Sorry..

http://bit.ly/1cOF71C

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.