Loose ferrite ring inside control module OneWheel+?

• Just wanted to bring attention of an issue I noticed while riding. While hitting bumps I noticed a rattling noise coming from the front of the board. Inspected further and noticed it coming from inside the control module under pressure pad. Disassembled module and found a loose ferrite ring on connector for LED strip. The ferrite ring is not secured and bounces around inside the module. Added foam to prevent it from smacking around. This should be secured in the factory and adjustments to the manufacturing should be made. Overall build quality is fantastic and they used good components. Has anyone else noticed this rattling?

• A capacitor or a ferrite ring? Ive got the same rattle. OW and most on here say its normal and nothing to worry about. Just a ferrite ring on the wires to the leds bouncing around. Was tempted to open mine up too but the bogus warranty void tamper stickers scared me. (which is a load of crap I think as the magnuson moss warranty act protects consumers from such stupid stuff though lots of manufactures pull the same funny biz and no one does anything about it)

• @cascadewheeler I couldn't tell if it was a ferrite ring or inline capacitor, I was assuming that all the capacitors were soldered to the board but have seen inline caps on R/C cars so thought it could be it. The ferrite ring makes sense to cut down on high frequency noise. I could only crack the case open enough to slide some foam in and under it to stop the rattle. The warranty void stickers scared me at first but the rattling was driving me insane (yes I have OCD) so I said screw it. Board is rock solid with no noise when going over bumps. Easily done if this bothers anyone else.

• I hadn't noticed it, but I was planning on opening my control box to fix the seal anyway, so I'll be sure to add some foam just in case it become an issue. Rattling sounds should not be coming from a $1500 board. Thanks.

• @desperado Why do you have to re-do the seals on your control module? Have people had issues with water getting inside? I noticed water can easily get under the footpad into the compartment.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.