Help. Just opened box. Overcharged warning on app, 3 blink

• Can someone PLEASE give me some advice. We just received an my son placed on the charger. He left the board charging while the light on the charger displayed green for an additional 45 minutes. No the board indicator light blinks 3 times, does not work and then shuts itself off. I installed the app and paired with the board, so now I see there is an overcharge warning. The board worked for less then 2 minutes around the house now, nothing. How can i burn off overcharged battery if the board shuts itself off after 15 seconds and will not work....

• @aje1974 said:

Can someone PLEASE give me some advice. We just received an my son placed on the charger. He left the board charging while the light on the charger displayed green for an additional 45 minutes. No the board indicator light blinks 3 times, does not work and then shuts itself off. I installed the app and paired with the board, so now I see there is an overcharge warning. The board worked for less then 2 minutes around the house now, nothing. How can i burn off overcharged battery if the board shuts itself off after 15 seconds and will not work....

Update. After trying to burn off some charge by turning the board one and pushing down on either side to make the lights burn some power, the board now only stays on long enough to blink twice and then shuts off right away... What a terrible start to what I had hoped would be a great present for my 11 year old son. The poor guy is fighting so hard to hold back tears of frustration and sadness. AND, I am TERRIBLY disappointed in the product and the lack of instruction and trouble shooting manuals that one wheel has failed to provide in the box and online. If you sell something that has this much "technology" yet can only communicate though one stupid flashing light, maybe you should consider providing your customer some technical instruction manuals so this POS can be trouble shot....
    BWT, this is the second disappointment with my one wheel purchase. What kind of "TECH" company can't even send a welcome email and estimated ship date when you order? Or possible an automated update or two related to the delivery time. All I got was a receipt. So frustrated.

• That sucks. I am not sure if this is the same as overcharging that results from going downhill on a full charge, but if it is, you're right to try use some of the charge. Check out pg 04-33 in the manual - http://rideonewheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Onewheel_Owners_User_Manual_v1.0.pdf

Problem is that LEDs consume very little power, so it's not likely that turning on and off is doing much to reduce the charge. the reco in the manual for overcharge is to turn off and then on and then ride a bit.. Hope this helps.

• This post is deleted!

• @aje1974 I got this same error a while ago on my first board. I actually solved it by plugging it into the charger while the board was on and leaving it on for aprox. 30 minutes...Not sure if you would like to try that as well...I did end up having to send it into the team @ OneWheel. My board was off the first batch of production through and they said it was issues with the controller. Hope this helps! Also, if you email support, they will take care of you quickly and get you riding. Sorry for your frustration for you and your Son. I have been there with other products before for the kids!

• @aje1974 I had the same problem on my onewheel... overcharge error after the 1st day. I was intermittently able to fix by doing some combination of plugging/unplugging the power or shaking the board really hard, or turning it off/on constantly... eventually, I gave up and returned the onewheel to get fixed...

basically, there's something wrong with either the battery or the BMS (Battery management system) - it may or may not work again on its own but will probably require sending back to get fixed or you will eventually run into the issue again.

Good news though is they fixed and returned mine in less than 3 business days.

• I had the same issue and was about to send it back. FM's support is very forthcoming. They provided all necessary UPS stickers and documentation. But just before boxing, I thought I would see if the OW would "power-up" and it did!

WHAT DID I DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN/WAS IT JUST LUCK??? I do not know but here is what I did.

I left it in the garage overnight in the cold. DID NOT WORK. Then I simply put some weight on the one side of the board tipping it over to the sensor pad side of the OW. I left it like that for 2-3 days while I was waiting for FM Support to come back to me.

I ready to box it up just yesterday when I thought I would try it again. And, it worked.

Armed with the App, I checked the initial voltage which was around 58, and the percentage at 99% when it did not power up. After taking it around the block a few times (2.4 kms or 1.5mi) it is down to 58% at 52.6V.

I did write to FM Support and am curious if the “tipping” over to one side, actually incurred some power usage. Maybe this can avoid unnecessary “recalls” and help others with the same issue.

Joerg

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.