Future Motion, Past Customer

• @lightning you don't want a Trotter, don't waste your money. Somehow, some way FM's gonna figure out how to take your $ and you'll be glad you waited because their product is the best, nothing else even compares.

• I think patent issues aside, the Trotter is going to fill a void. It is cheaper and can also go off-road. However that's where the comparison stops. The Onewheel is faster, more powerful and more solidly built in my opinion. Of course you can buy almost 2 Trotters for 1 Onewheel. If it is for a child and they may grow out of it, the Trotter may be fine. If you want a serious piece of sporting equipment that is going to last and not have you yearning for more soon after your purchase, the Onewheel is your ride.

• I am not sure why we are even bothering reading / looking at this post. It's not Future Motion's fault that your credit card is declined. Perhaps you should look into their financing plan or perhaps you can afford the Trotter and don't have to finance.

• You should be able to find OW+ at your local board shops by now. Saw one last week in SF.

• @goodblake-eskate it IS future motions fault that my credit card is declined that's the whole point. In response to your comment (not to brag) I spend over a million dollars a year online for business and have never been declined and I make 300k+ so I don't need financing. I need the company to charge my card for an order.

• @lightning FM uses a 3rd party credit card payment processor like every other business. That processor declines transactions based on their own criteria. FM cannot override this easily, if at all. What you could do is call your credit card company and they can maybe tell you why it was declined.

• @desperado Firstly FM has 100% control over both the merchant processor they use and every security criteria implemented by their respective merchant processor. However according to FM it has nothing to do with the card it has to do with the email address and phone number (gmail and verizon -a baseless convoluted evaluation to begin with) for which I provided alternatives to both through the 'customer service' ticket and now over a week later no response whatsoever. Speaks very poorly to their customer service, or the lack thereof.

• @lightning Very weird that FM now has to verify an email address in order to charge a credit card. I didn't have to verify my email when I ordered mine. I have noticed that FM has ads out for customer support reps, so at least they are trying to get up to speed. I've been waiting a week now for an answer to a battery question, so you're not the only one...

• @desperado I got a call from the company today and they said it's shopify and will have to look into their settings. Coincidentally I since had the same thing happen on the ray ban site for the same reason which happens to be a Shopify site also.

• @lightning said in Future Motion, Past Customer:

@desperado I got a call from the company today and they said it's shopify and will have to look into their settings. Coincidentally I since had the same thing happen on the ray ban site for the same reason which happens to be a Shopify site also.

So not FM's fault?

• @skyman88 said in Future Motion, Past Customer:

@lightning said in Future Motion, Past Customer:

@desperado I got a call from the company today and they said it's shopify and will have to look into their settings. Coincidentally I since had the same thing happen on the ray ban site for the same reason which happens to be a Shopify site also.

So not FM's fault?

No it's cocacolas fault. Of course it's their fault. No one is forcing them to use settings that discriminate against buyers based on their email address nor a merchant processor that discriminates against buyers based on their email address. No one is forcing them to completely ignore the problem by disregarding their customer after being notified multiple times now over a month later. It's very simple, if you have any vested interest whatsoever in the company you immediately find out why your merchant processor is using email discrimination to prevent you from receiving the money that your buyer is trying to pay you. There is an obvious and unfortunate gap in communication between the customer and anyone who has vested interest in the company.

• I placed my order using an invalid old email address after another order cancellation with my valid email address ( as the company obviously has no interest in resolving the issue) and the order went right through proving the issue.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.