What do you think the third gen OneWheel will be like?

• I've been considering buying the OneWheel Plus, although I already have the original... is it worth making the upgrade now ?

• New versions will always have some problems that only show when used IRL.
    So many +'s were send back with a variety of issues that are/will be solved in the next batches. That is why I suggest not to wait for a V3 if you are looking for a new toy now...

• I agree that patience will serve you best by letting others experience the new product release bugs. But since there is no V3 all we can do is speculate on what it might be like.

My guess is that it will have an audio capability to warn us of impending Nose Dives. I also suspect it may have a field-replaceable battery pack. It may also have more dynamic shaping capabilities (like switching modes on the fly). Who knows what's cooking in R&D at FM.

• If the V3 comes out tomorrow, I'll buy it tomorrow.

My V1 paid for itself tenfold. I considered waiting on the + but couldn't resist.
    Boy was I glad I got it.

Heck, you go on vacation for 10 days, shed $3K and often can't wait to come back home and back to the grind.

My guess, the V3 will output somewhere around 62V for more torque and speed. Would be great to be able to climb rough terrains/grassy hills.

• If and when a V3 comes out I'll likely get one. My son can use the OW+ and we'll carve the streets together.
    My wish list for V3:
    Voice commands
    Audible feedback on actual battery level and projected distance left (based on current ride average usage) - this could likely be done now with software update on OW and update to App.
    App that can link with Facebook and other social media (this could be implemented now with a few simple App updates)
    LED lights that can change colors
    A fender that is made from material that flexes rather than the current brittle crap they use now.
    Extended range - At first I didn't think the 6-8 mile range would be a big deal; now I wish it could go 10+
    Stronger motor

There are a lot of good ideas posted out there on the wish list site. I hope that FM is reading them and is working to implement them in their next gen design.

• Making the battery swappable would be the best upgrade possible for sure. Not sure why they haven't done this yet. Selling extra batteries seems like an easy profit maker for FM.

• @jefflynn said in What do you think the third gen OneWheel will be like?:

I Totally agree with Jefflynn > Making the battery swappable would be the best upgrade possible for sure. Not sure why they haven't done this yet. Selling extra batteries seems like an easy profit maker for FM.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.