Nosedive "mitigation" product - beta testers wanted!

• @arnlej
    Awesome Idea about the treadmill !!!!!

• @steeve
    Yeah a treadmill could work, but it's perhaps not really reflective of real world conditions that could stop these small wheels. Once the road gets too rough, all bets are off.

• Was just thinking the back for when riding switch. Don’t do it often myself though as that’s not my cup of tea.

• @hoovdini Sonny on the OW Owners facebook group tested his by using a stick with a nail in it to push the power button while riding. It's a bit to juggle while riding, but you will never be completely prepared for a nosedive.

Here is the one I made. It's a whole bumper to accommodate a 50mm wheel, which is a lot more trouble to print. It's actually made to go on the back to make transporting easier. I never had a nosedive while they were on the front. It was more about providing a little peace of mind while recovering confidence after a fall.

0_1515613911461_wheels.jpg

• @gibby said in Nosedive "mitigation" product - beta testers wanted!:

tail dive at high speeds. At least you can scrub speed on the tail, which I did for e few feet before I ran it out. Was still very scary and unexpected. Never had it happen in Mission or Delerium though.

I drag the tail when slowing down all the time. There is no way the board can slow down as fast as I need it to frequently. It super easy to ride out and recover. In traffic this happens to me a lot. Im at 225lbs though so this just may be easier for me to do

• Please send. You can email me for the address. fmjohns@gmail

I've had about 8 pretty bad nosedives, and a handful more i've been able to ride out. Ex snowboard instructor who will film the testing process.

• @ianjohnson said in Nosedive "mitigation" product - beta testers wanted!:

@hoovdini Sonny on the OW Owners facebook group tested his by using a stick with a nail in it to push the power button while riding. It's a bit to juggle while riding, but you will never be completely prepared for a nosedive.

Here is the one I made. It's a whole bumper to accommodate a 50mm wheel, which is a lot more trouble to print. It's actually made to go on the back to make transporting easier. I never had a nosedive while they were on the front. It was more about providing a little peace of mind while recovering confidence after a fall.

0_1515613911461_wheels.jpg

DROOOLLLLL over those concave, and beveled foot pads. =)

• @hoovdini Your experience is almost identical to mine. 2 different occassions separated by a few months, but both equally painful. The nosedive has made me gun shy to ride that path anymore. I'd love to try these out. Let me know how you'd like me to send my address and I'll send it over. Lee

• @ventoriffic - I tail drag regularly in emergency stops.

As far as installing these on the back? That'd be.. Not optimal.

I'd prefer something like a softer rubber bumper back that that would eat inertia quicker when dug into the pavement. Quite the opposite idea really.

• @ow-miami yup totally... emergency brake!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.