Upgrade Onewheel Plus to an XR?

• @cascadewheeler I spoke to a girl (forgot to get her name) on the Support line yesterday, and she stated that A). + will not be upgradeable to XR's, the XR battery size is several mm thicker and will not fit in the + frame (I had hoped that those black plates on the bottom of the XR, meant that XR frame was the same size as the +, and those were just the new battery/power covers, but according to her they are just rail protection), and B.) that there were no plans that she was aware of to help out anyone who got the + recently but would have preferred to get the XR (I got my + August 9 2017, so exactly 5 months too soon - I would have paid the extra for more range.)

It'd be nice if FM offered prior OW customers a discount on newer models to encourage upgrades and smooth these kinds of ruffled feathers. Even something like $50 or $75 or $100 off, even if mostly symbolic, would feel like at least a customer loyalty acknowledgement.

• @drn3rd I do apologise for some repetition in my previous post. To somehow try and redeem myself from shame, I can only apologise for the horrid mistakes I have committed.

• @dr-trill
    I’m with you my OW+ arrived on December 13th

I sent a note to customer service if I could upgrade

After a reabout note they said “no”

If it makes you feel better they said XRs won’t ship until March which probably means April

• @glyph @corlux
    Pretty much what you're describing, a dyi ow+ upgrade for increased range: two-x.com But does not stay completely within the frame.

• Now that a few XRs are in the wild. Has anyone had the opportunity to see if this is feasible, or nail down why this couldn't be done?

• Someone posted a video that allows that OW+ to be charged while riding. This would be a great feature for me when I go golfing. I'm thinking about a right-angled XLR connector and coiled cable to my Carvepower sitting in my golf bag. All the video referenced was that Pin 3 to ground was lifted. I hope this is true and not a prank like the Solar Sombrero.

• Hey @Gadgetrider - get yourself an XR, now! You need a board that lasts all 18 holes!
    I saw the Carvepower video - wires were swinging everywhere - the rider looked like a hospital patent walking with their IV pole. Not elegant.

BTW, I'm also an avid golfer, and a huge fan of Canadian golf instructor Shawn Clement - is he in your neighborhood?

• @wheelcity said in Upgrakow Sde Onewheel Plus to an XR?:

Shawn Clement

I don't know Shawn but I see he is located in Quebec City. I am near Toronto - about 8 hours west of Quebec City.

As for the patient walking with the IV pole - I get that picture. However, I do have a golf bag on my back so the a "coiled" cable is going to be manageable. I first need confirmation from an experimenting user that this 3 pin disconnect is actually valid (Sonny?). Last year was my first year on the course and I hope this year they will let me continue to golf and shred. If they are accepting of me and my OW, I see an XR in my future. But now, I already have 2 OW+'s and I'm waiting to see how durable my present products hold up and to see how your XR's are doing as well.

• @Gadgetrider disconnection of the 3rd pin is confirmed to charge while riding....I have it working now, as well as many others before me.

• @kkohlmann55 thanks for confirming back. I posted that message 23 days ago and have since made and used my coiled cable 2 or 3 times already. This has been an amazing discovery for me as the lack of range anxiety has further improved upon the enjoyment that I already had with this thing! In a couple weeks, my son and I will probably head down to NC or SC and do some serious trail riding. I need to rig up a second CNR pack asap!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.