2 OW's....Way Different Battery Life - Revisited

• Re: 2 OW's....Way Different Battery Life

I'd like to bring this discussion back online. I have had my OW+ for a couple of months now. My friend has the original OW and we ride together all the time. On/off road, beach, you name it. The older OW gets DOUBLE the range of my OW+ every time. I have done my research with all of the suggested "fixes", but I can barely get five miles out of my battery compared to her 10. Granted she can't keep up with speed, but I would gladly trade a few mphs for longer range. I would think a version 2.0 of anything should get you the 1.0 specs at a minimum, plus improvements. Now today I see the release of the XR, 12-18 mile range. That's more like it!

Is anything being done to bridge the versions (i.e. software/app-wise, battery upgrades, trade in credit) or am I SOL and stuck with the walk of the shame? Any ideas out there? Thanks!

• How much of a weight/height difference are you two? I would see that as the biggest multiplier, but in general I seem to read more distance on v1 than +.

Bigger motor in + so it's gonna go out faster in general. No word yet on upgradability for + to XR, but I'm thinking there won't be. Sell your + to offset the XR, or hit it big in crypto and buy a new one for you and your friend ;)

• @ventoriffic hey we should all just hit it big in crypto

• Ride slower, faster and faster acceleration equals more power means less distance ..

• @rivermark22 said in 2 OW's....Way Different Battery Life - Revisited:

Granted she can't keep up with speed, but I would gladly trade a few mphs for longer range.

Then do just that. :)
    The OW+ motor is 750W, but it only consumes what you command it to (look at the joint speed/power graph in the leaderboard). Thus it won't consume more than the v1's 500W motor, unless of course you push it above v1 specs (acceleration and speed wise).
    Seems to me like you're puzzled drinking twice as much from the same bottle empties it twice faster... ;)

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.