Handsfree iOS app (Android soon!)

• Float Deck

Hey all - I’m working on a handsfree alerts + “blackbox” data recorder app that I’d love feedback on. The current prototype is for OW+ and iOS 10+.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/float-deck/id1332503706?mt=8

Goals are to remove the need to whip out your phone while riding and to eventually create an online database of nosedives / board problems to help us all better understand the board.

Right now you get alerts for crossing speed and battery benchmarks (speed alert interval decreases with speed, battery alerts every 5% until you get below 10%, then every 1%), as well as when your heel / toe is off sensor for over 1.5s, or if both heel and toe come off while in motion (board shutoff seems to occur 0.5s after this event).

Note that only one App can interact with your OW+ at once, so force quit / swipe the one you aren’t using.

Thanks a ton!

• @dbro I just used this app and I liked it! If I could make a suggestion and I don't know how hard this would be...Can you make the sound in the app louder than than music playing in the background? When the volume is low because I don't want music blasting in my ear I couldn't hear the apps verbal notifications. Besides that great app!!

• @pb_mvg Good to hear! I can definitely have the audio alerts "duck" the currently playing audio. That introduces a slight delay that I thought could be problematic for some alert types (like "Feet off", which you have ~0.5 seconds to correct before the board shuts off), but I'll shoot to add a setting or make it always-on for non-critical alerts like battery and speed. Will include this in the 1.3 update.

• @dbro Awesome! I got some of my buddies to download your app too. Great work and thank you for taking the time to look into those tweaks. I look forward to the update.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.