I have to vent

• There are two new comments/questions I'm starting to get that are becoming extremely annoying from bystanders.

1. "That's cool, have you seen the one with two wheels and you stand forward on them? I think its called a hooverboard."
    2. "Be careful on that, I hear those things catch fire and blow up."

:angry:

Anyone else getting this?

• Don't talk to strangers . simple enough..

• @parrothd I guess mom was right.

• Yep.. I wear sunglasses and headphones even if I'm not listening to music and just ride by..

• Unless she's cute.. Lol

• I heard someone say as I was riding by "oh that's just a fake hover board" and I kinda felt annoyed by that, Like they were saying oh it's not as good as the hover board or something.

• @Cris If only they knew. Hahahaha...... It's their loss for not asking, and just condemning.

• Some idiot the other day askes me the price. I normally don't say but he asked twice so I told him.. Then he says wow that's alot just to be lazy .. All I said was "do I look lazy to you?" I wanted to say alot more but didn't want to be as ignorant as him..

• @njcustom said:

Some idiot the other day askes me the price. I normally don't say but he asked twice so I told him.. Then he says wow that's alot just to be lazy .. All I said was "do I look lazy to you?" I wanted to say alot more but didn't want to be as ignorant as him..

Yeah I don't get the whole "lazy" thing! People act like they walk everywhere, when in reality the only walking most of them do is across the parking lot from their car, which they parked in the closest possible space that they got by driving in circles for 10 minutes until someone pulled out because walking an extra 20 feet is out of the question.

• @njcustom said:

Then he says wow that's alot just to be lazy ..

Haha! I wonder if he'd be confused watching people snow board at a ski resort. "Why are all these people too lazy to walk down the mountain?"

• @Electric-Slide lmfaoooo

• Almost every single person I showed at my work yesterday said "oh, is that one of the hoverboard things that keep exploding". I just handed them a onewheel business card and shook my head.

• @KeithVlk I got the same thing when I showed coworkers what I just ordered. "Hey, you should see if you can get your money back. Those things spontaneously combust!" I feel bad for those that don't know the difference. They don't know what they're missing out on.

• @Electric-Slide It's the same ignorant people who have banned all self balancing boards from airplanes.

• Yep had one group of guys tell me it was gonna burst into flames but I was like nah it tops out at 12 mph so no danger of that. It's a bit weird what people feel comfortable shouting at passers by but other than that it's not a big issue.

I'm more concerned about authorities who feel the need to be seen to be doing something about whatever the case du jour is for the sake of public opinion, and with Christmas around the corner exploding electronics make great click bait/headlines. I'd be surprised if any local laws are passed that make stipulations for specific boards when it's so much easier to tar them all with the same brush. Here's hoping we can still ride free in 2016.

• It's funny how quickly security at most places are so quick to jump out and tell you to leave. One lady was like "You can't ride skate boards here", and I said "it's not a skate board", and she was like "whatever it is you can't ride it here". Is there really a rule that you can't ride a whatever it is in places? Who made this rule? My whatever is very safe! I am more likely to run into somebody when I'm walking than if I'm ridding my whatever. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Yeah, don't listen to grown ups. They think they know stuff.
    Kids are great. I hear a few shout the other day I was riding. Stuff along the lines of "that's so freaking awesome".
    They know what's up.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.