OW+ Controller Box Rattle - Ferrite Ring Fix

• @gibby Are you saying you have the ferrite knock already? Or are you just mentioning it as preventative maintenance? Has anyone opened their XR for science yet?

• I had the ferrite bead rattle the second my new XR touched the kitchen floor.
    I won't be opening it, I will be sending it back to FM to solve what should have been done correctly the first time around.

INSANE, that they didn't fix this on the XR, INSANE!

• They basically say it's normal. I'm sending my plus in with a bad bearing. Told them I also wanted rattle fixed before i have led issues. Its annoying and it didnt do it when it was new.

• @gibby Did they fix it for you?

• Also intersted in if they fixed this for you?

What I am also really interested in:
    Do those of you who lately received their XRs also notice this ferrit rattle (when moving over rough terrain) or was this „just“ an issue with the first few XRs?

• They have opened a shipping ticket to send it back to them. I have not sent it yet, as I don't want to stop riding it. My front lights are out.... =(

• Interesting... I had bought a used OW+ and it had the dreaded rattle.

I reached out to OW because I had heard it might effect the board lights. I ride at night a ton.

This was their response “My technician have assured me that the rattle itself will not affect the LED's at all.”

And even though the board is less than a year old they said they would charge me 159.14 to fix it.

Kinda bummed because I have always had a good experience with support, now I am wondering if they are telling me the truth...

:(

• Both of my ow+ boards have rattled on every single bump since day one. I’ve got over 1000 miles on both boards (almost 2000 on one) and there have been no problems associated with the rattle, the lights work fine.

• It's not an issue until the bead severs the wires, then no lights. I have 3 boards, all with less than 300 miles on each of them, all 3 have had the lights go out.
    I think it really depends on the terrain you ride, and how hard on your board you are. I am admittedly hard on my boards.

• @gibby yeah, admittedly, I baby my boards and pretty much only ride pavement and don't do any drops.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.