Onewheel XR stranded me at the park

• Was really excited about this and had less than 2 miles on it. Had a few spinouts on it from over leaning and touching wet grass. The app said there was an over current condition and told me to turn the board off and back on. Turned it off and now it won't turn back on. Tried really long presses, short presses and nothing so I had to walk the board back to the car. Headed back home now hoping that plugging it in will bring it back to life.

• Well, looks like it is going back to Onewheel for some diagnostic work. Had fun riding the board for my slightly over one mile ride. Looking forward to them taking care of it and getting back to riding.

• @danner
    Did you get any blinking lights on the power switch of the XR?

• @danner

Man that really is a bummer to only get a couple of miles in on the XR before an issue. Good luck on a prompt fix and return.

• @lidphones No, just completely dead and when plugging in the charger the charger blinks red. I had looked at the battery just before it died and it was at 95 percent. The board went into some sort of over current mode because I touch the front down on wet grass and told me to turn it off and back on but, it was completely dead after that. Oh well, I'm sure they will get it worked out and sent back to me. Looking forward to having it back and riding as this was my first experience with a Onewheel.

• @danner
    Future Motion has been quick to support all XR issues it seems so you should get it back promptly. Keep us updated on your experience with the return.

• You may want to give it a few days to dry out.

• Were you one of the first boards ordered? Seems there have been at least 3 bricks sent out by FM and all were from the very first batch of XR's. All boards bricked in the first few hours. No word on the actual cause, but some have speculated faulty BMS/control board.

• @ventoriffic
    The stress of waiting, now with the added stress of wondering if it will even work correctly when it arrives, is making me lose sleep at night! $1800 is a lot of cake to spend on what now feels like the lottery...

• @mrbrett131060 I feel ya! Was on the 15th, then 21st, 27th, and now the 28th. Another user claims FM has told them that they discovered the problem and have caught it in the production for future boards (hence the pushback). I'm definitely gonna be wary!

• @ventoriffic
    Thanks for the quick response! I hope that’s the case, makes me feel a lot better! My date keeps changing as well (now 04/16), but I’d wait till June if it’d mean I got a smooth riding board with no issues! Keep posting if you hear any news!

Thanks again,

Brett

• @ventoriffic said in Onewheel XR stranded me at the park:

Were you one of the first boards ordered? Seems there have been at least 3 bricks sent out by FM and all were from the very first batch of XR's. All boards bricked in the first few hours. No word on the actual cause, but some have speculated faulty BMS/control board.

Yeah, I ordered probably in the first 2 or 3 minutes that they brought up the ordering page.

• @drgordon said in Onewheel XR stranded me at the park:

You may want to give it a few days to dry out.

I don't think it is a water issue. If riding it on some wet grass can somehow cause problems then I think a lot more people would be having issues. I've seen videos of people riding them through a few inches of water with no problems and nothing like that happened within the short amount of time I was riding. When I plugged in the charger after getting home the red light just blinked and it made a faint clicking noise every time the red light came on so definitely seams like something is toast on the internals of the board.

• @danner I agree, I splash through very large puddles regularly on my OW+, unless the XR has a bunch of new holes in it (swiss cheese edition?) no way could a little wet grass cause this.

• I'm not worried about the board as I have a good feeling they are going to get it ironed out and sent back to me as soon as possible. The good thing for the rest of you guys is that hopefully they will learn something from my board that will keep it from happening to yours. I'm still very excited about the board and can't wait to get it back. It is after all a toy for grown ups so I try to keep it in perspective.

• @danner My first board came with an almost immediate defect too and they did resolve it for me. hang in there.

• People keep complaining about their shipping dates moving have a week but I'd rather get a solid board out of the box than have to send mine back on day 2.

@danner sorry your board is heading back but I'm hoping these week one issues end up making the board better as a whole for the community.

• @ventoriffic nice, the push back will be well worth the wait then, glad they're on top of it

• @skyman88
    I don’t think it’s complaining, but rather excitement & anticipation. Like you, I don’t really care how far my date gets pushed back, if it means it’ll ride like a dream. I do however feel bad for the ppl who ordered the first batch, which have had issues. Future Motion will get those ppl/boards sorted out, but it’s still a bit of a headache having to send it right back after the wait/$$$ it took to get in the first place.

• @mrbrett131060 yes, just very excited here, my first one wheel!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.