OneWheel on the beach...

• Finally got my OneWheel down to the beach in Galveston, and it was everything I hoped it would be. It's so fun carving the hard packed sand right near the surf (stay out of the salt water of course). Going to give it a light waterwash then dry and hit it with compressed air. https://youtu.be/PCSXvN9M1Bo

• @Butters Where are you located? Im in Houston, waiting on my board but as soon as I get it I want to schedule a meet up in the Houston area. Nice video.

• The beach is an amazing place to ride. I'd recommend a fender though. And make sure to cover your charging port and button with duct tape to keep the sand and water out.

• @Butters @Franky I suggest getting one of these for the charging port: http://bit.ly/1OpEP3g

• @thegreck I bought one of those and it works great. It seems almost crazy that the OWs don't ship with one.

• @Franky said:

The beach is an amazing place to ride. I'd recommend a fender though. And make sure to cover your charging port and button with duct tape to keep the sand and water out.

x1000
    A Must! Mine got water in the charge port and lights. Had to send it for repairs. Watching the video from OW, I didn't get in the water any deeper or differently than they did. Also, I didn't see any dummy plugs or tape on their power button. Live and learn. I'm probably going to avoid the beach and stick to the long boardwalks from now on

• @hekkubus my rides were also pretty clean as far as water was concerned. I think the rinse off combined with recharging is what took my board down. I loved the beach and must ride it there again but I will be more careful about rinsing and protecting the charge port. I believe if I never had rinsed my board off I would not have had issues and could have ridden much more on my vacation.

I have ordered some plugs for the charge port and will put tape over the button next time I ride in sand. Thankfully my board arrives back tommorrow after a quick repair by support. It's still cold in WI but I just might have to take it for a ride to celebrate in freezing conditions.

• @Franky said:

@hekkubus my rides were also pretty clean as far as water was concerned. I think the rinse off combined with recharging is what took my board down. I loved the beach and must ride it there again but I will be more careful about rinsing and protecting the charge port. I believe if I never had rinsed my board off I would not have had issues and could have ridden much more on my vacation.

I have ordered some plugs for the charge port and will put tape over the button next time I ride in sand. Thankfully my board arrives back tommorrow after a quick repair by support. It's still cold in WI but I just might have to take it for a ride to celebrate in freezing conditions.

Yep, that's me. Mine should arrive for repairs today. Sent it off Tuesday, so it is killing me having to wait. Hope it's a quick turn around.
    As for my beach trip. Almost the same story on the same weekend... My power button got stuck from grains of sand, but it came out after a rinse down. I rode it for a little while after rising, but the problem popped up when I tried to recharge so that my bro-in-law could ride. Never heard a distinct popping until later that night when I was trying to let it dry out.

The LEDs had condensation in them and would pop. I'm hoping repairs are simple and quick.

• @Dude, yeah if you anywhere near downtown lets do it. i live in the Heights, i like to ride the Bayou/bike trails in around downtown between the Heights

• Regarding riding on the beach I have not went near water but one area that onewheel does not exceed is in dry loose sand (the tire sinks in the sand and just spins) it must be packed sand. Same with wet sod or wet mud you will sink and wipe out. But on solid soil you will be fine. Also the grip tape needs more traction when your feet get muddy, just my 2cents.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.