Rider plus bag exceeding 275

• I see that the max rider weight is 275. I'll admit that I am close to that without a bag. Can I expect that if my combined weight exceeds 275, will the one wheel refuse to function, or will I just experience some reduced speed and range?

• Reduced speed and range I would say. My advice: Avoid long steep hills...

• I agree that it will work fine at that weight but max range and speed will not align with the specs. I'm 225 and get less range and speed as lighter riders. Typically I get 6 miles max including some hills with s top speed of 13-14 mph.

• @Franky said:

I agree that it will work fine at that weight but max range and speed will not align with the specs. I'm 225 and get less range and speed as lighter riders. Typically I get 6 miles max including some hills with s top speed of 13-14 mph.

I'm 260, and I've experienced less range. It still powers around very well, and I've never experience ANY drag or delay. The motor sounds no different from when I'm riding it, and my 225lb brother-in-law rides.

• Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback! Makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the purchase.

• @shamess707 said:

Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback! Makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the purchase.

I'm getting around 3.5 miles when I ride, so there's definitely a difference that that 5-6 mile range I've seen some on here getting.

• @hekkubus what tire pressure do you ride with? 17-19 psi seems to be my sweet spot. Any less than 15 is mushy with reduced range and low 20s you feel every bump but you get increased range.

• I have set to 20 psi geared up I am about 255, anything less and it feels a little mushy and I feel like it wabboles a little bit when I had at about 17psi. I have just starting riding(Love it) but I have had to inflate initially from 17psi to 20psi and after the first ride it felt like it deflated to 17psi again, is this normal maybe with first ride? Like breaking in a pair of shoes maybe rubber stretches some? I have re inflated to 20psi hopefully it won't deflate every time.
    Enjoying it so much more then even expected. Well worth the wait and money.

• @greatwhiteshark search the forum for tire pressure, leak, or slime to see posts in the topic. It's a normal occurrence to have to check and up your tire pressure. However fm suggests using a tire slime if it's an issue. If you are losing psi during a single ride you should try the slime if the problem persists. I typically would need to up psi once a week after riding everyday and never added slime.

• Thanks for response brother, will do. Good tips.

• @Franky @greatwhiteshark
    Didn't FM say that they slime all the tires for quite some time now? I thought this wouldn't be an issue anymore, but check the pressure anyway if you can. Sometimes it can be hard to tell of the pressure is different, or if you just got used to it :)

• @Franky said:

@hekkubus what tire pressure do you ride with? 17-19 psi seems to be my sweet spot. Any less than 15 is mushy with reduced range and low 20s you feel every bump but you get increased range.

Before I had to send mine off, I didn't have an accurate tire gauge, so I am not sure. I pretty much left my tire pressure at whatever PSI it arrived. I'll try that 17-19 PSI range now, for sure.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.