@No My point is, less so than going full speed and then hitting it. Maybe it could be available only if you ride with delirium
Posts made by SeattleCommuter
Safety feature: practice motor cutoff
We all know the OW motor can suddenly shut off in the middle of a descent or while going at high speed. Both of those situations are already pretty dangerous as they are.
It is possible to experiment with pushback at lower speed using different shaping modes (as suggested by Jeremy Gauvin) which is helpful. Crawl, walk then run approach.
It is not however possible to test disengaging the engine at lower speed to practice emergency manoeuvers. It's like we're pilots who need to figure out how to do an emergency landing without ever rehearsing.
Even better would be a shaping mode for "balance practice". The stabilization could be pulsated at different interval so that it's possible to eventually know exactly hiw to learn for minimal energy expenditure. Figuring out how to shift weight in nosedive or cutoff situations could save many broken bones.
Anyway, on my way to the clinic xD
Charge to 98%
I've been hitting the overregeneration warning message almost every day. It just so happens that my workplace is at the top of the hill.
Would love if I could set somewhere a maximum charge value so I don't hit that issue every single day. I'm lucky my board hasn't turned off on me yet :O
Digital Shaping 2.0 - Additional Modes
- Elevated: sometimes you know you're going up a steep hill and need all the help you can get!
- Eco: I would love a riding mode that would limit power output dramatically to ensure maximum efficiency. When range anxiety kicks in, I'd love having the peace of mind of knowing I'm doing everything I can to make it back home!
Apple Watch ⌚️ App Improvements
Getting an Apple Watch has greatly enhanced my riding experience. Being able to receive alerts, see current speed as well as battery left is invaluable.
That being said, I think some minor tweaks to the app would make a huge difference.
- Remove the giant Battery left graph. It takes up the entire watch screen! All we need is %
- Add "Current amps". A "dial graph" would be awesome but just the number would be good.
- Add an "efficiency" metric: similar to "mpg" for cars. As I'm getting used to the board it's clear to me that carving, stance, balance and aggresiveness all play a major role in the effective Range/speed one gets. A similar metric could be "amps by miles" or something like that. I'm trying to learn how to get the most range and it's really hard to figure out. Sometimes I go down a hill and still end up losing charge. I want to be able to improve my range and regenerate more!
- Add info about pushback: right now pushback is a black box and not a very intuitive one. It'd be really useful if we could get some idea of what's going on. I think sometimes pushback is more pronounced when off balance, so it'd be useful to know that. Possible "delirium" removes the need for that but I would still love to get tips from my board that help me figure out what's going on and helps me learn!