concave footpads

• Can't wait to see this in person next time we get home to Asheville. Looks great!

• a little update from my side to everyone following this thread: just sent the dxf to @ashewheeler to mill the first prototype. here's a screenshot of the current 3D model in colour:
    0_1458588259129_board.JPG

• This thing is so sick feels like wake skate. Edit of first ride coming soon.

0_1458928358310_IMG_20160325_131136_01.jpeg

• Hey ya'll apologies for long pause. Here is a little footy of testing the concave deck/wide body kit. I'm still tweaking the design but am going to produce a batch of twelve decks to study production time within the next two weeks. 5 are spoken for leaving 7 up for grabs. I will know more about pricing after the time study.
    https://youtu.be/Q9US6EUdPKA

• @ashewheeler I've been looking forward to this. Looks real responsive! How would you describe the feel of the ride compared to a stock deck?

• @Code-ster thanks for the interest! The added width and concave gives you extra leverage heel to toe that you immediately feel the need to put to use. It kinda begs you to rip it around as much as possible. Really noticeably more responsive at all speeds and when reverting or initiating spin. The added foot confidence is huge it feels like your feet are really nested and ready for shredd. I can't wait to get a batch of these put together and hopefully out to you guys who are interested. I'm exploring rhyno lining as a coating option to increase the durability of the wood even though it's holding up really well and can be touched up with a sharpy. Also working with @chabis to produce his W shape concave footpad concept. There are some challenges where the half hemispherical nose of the raised arch central to the W is not going to be friendly to reusing the adjacent shim in front of the sensor. I cant see it being able to conform to a hemispheric shape. I think if a mortise or bed is machined the thickness of the sensor to lower the sensor flush with the adjacent deck then shims will not be needed. We've got to tweak the model to include the mortise but really am looking forward to helping him bring his concept to life as well!

• I would buy them. Probably two sets just to have back up

• What's the status on these? I'd really like to try some out.

• @doghouse super soon. Will have all parts for 12 completed this weekend. Assembly and finishing next week. Will shout asap.

• @ashewheeler def interested in two sets! Put me on the list please.

• @ashewheeler Any idea of price yet?

• @ashewheeler I'd love a set! And could probably even pick them up next time I swing through East Tenn

• I would need a set of pads so could be interested if you can ship to France :-)

• I'll call dibs on a set!

• Very tempted.

• Hey OW Bros and Sistas sorry again for the long radio silence. Life and work have sidelined this project except for weekends which have also been full. My schedule is opening up though and I'm very excited about making this my priority. I've been experimenting with materials and production techniques to try and really dial in this idea and make it sensible to manufacture and distribute. There are a few challenges to ramping up production and getting it out to the people. The first is getting the model just right in terms of design and function. The second is making the deck interface to the two different camps of fender users (factory/njcustom). Making it easily swappable (DYI sensor swap/grip tape). Making sure I'm not taking on any liability of injury to user. Making sure that FM doesn't mind us making aftermarket parts for their brainchild the Onewheel.
    The design is what I've been working hardest on drawing and redrawing and learning how the partworks software for the shopbot CNC machine interprets and executes those drawings. That whole process has led me to try and streamline the toolpaths and milling time on the CNC machine which is the most expensive part. This is the current model right now and I'm in the middle of producing 16 units to study time and costs. The first version was composed of 6 separate pieces all glued together and now it's 3 pieces with options to glue together or remain modular and attach siderails with rare earth magnets to facilitate replacement of individual parts rather than whole deck. All of that may prove to be to complicated so I don't want to make any promises. The first 16 will more than likely be glued together and finished with a combination of lacquer and ryno liner. My hope with the ryno liner is to achieve a level of durability that makes the investment in the deck well worth it. There is no doubt in my mind that the ride quality is hugely improved with the wider concave deck. I'm just trying to find the best way to bring it to market. At least one of those decks will be sent to Tyler at FM to try out and I would love to develop a relationship with the company where we combined forces to install sensor and griptape with logo and offered the wider concave deck/bodykit as a accessory for sale on the website or through retailers. I haven't had one single sensor failure or nosedive since swapping my personal deck and feel 100% confident that the mod is safe but definitely want to protect the user and myself from any liability issues so I am also seeking some legal advice with regards to releasing and selling to the public. All to say again I apologize for letting this thread get quite and I assure you that my excitement and determination to get these decks underfoot has not diminished. Here are some jpegs of the current model to check out. I've increased the depth of concave to 3/8" and widened the length of arc to 2". Also widened the deck by an extra 1/2" which makes it 2.5" wider than factory in the middle. To make the siderails more friendly to grab with hand I added some convex shape. Hope uall like and as always fire away with any questions or suggestions.0_1463939081752_2deckmod1.jpg 0_1463939090323_2gendeckmod2.jpg 0_1463939096489_2gendeckmod3.jpg 0_1463939103145_2gendeckmod4.jpg

• Very NICE :) maybe add holes for the power switch and charge plug? :P

• @Tartopom so far I have been drilling charging/power button holes after cnc shaping with a jig I made. It would definitely be better to include in the shaping program but I just haven't tried it yet.

• Wow, you might of designed OneWheel-s model. Not quite OneWheel 2.0 but like the iPhone S upgrade. Stunning if you can pull it off and if it handles like you have described, this will be a extremely popular item.