concave footpads

• @turfsurfer in the works

• @ashewheeler

I'd love to make the deck wider so my feet wouldn't extend off the board at all! I'm sure it would enhance control for me.

Ideally the whole thing would be ergonomically unique to height, weight, foot size, and personal preference. It will cool when mass production can accomodate these variables.

I like the idea of a concave deck but I don't understand how a flat deck with curved up edges would be good. Are your feet intended to stay in the shallow flat part? I would think that what chabis calls parabolic would be more universally useful for different size feet. I have to wonder if it would stress out or tire the foot more than if it were completely flat.

I understand the desire to pimp it out, but having done this with motorcycles that have come and gone, I'm over it. I'm not going to spend any extra time or money polishing my Onewheel. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it gives someone pleasure. I'm just going to ride the hell out of it knowing it will get beat up. Same if I ever get another motorcycle, I will respect it, but ultimately it's a disposable item that will get used hard and used up. I love pretty wood even more than the next guy, but I'm not going to put it on my Onewheel.

I love your ideas, but they appeal to me for enhancing comfort, handling or safety.

You should apply for a job at FM.

• @dalisdair man I couldn't agree with you more. Pimping the wheel was never my intention. This mod is all about function. Where before I was allways gripping the edge of the board with my toes and heals during extreme roll now the widened deck cradles my toes or heals allowing me to relax more and have much greater stability when deeply carving the onewheel. The biggest obstacle to making this sensible is the 100% chance that this aftermarket deck will see a whole lot of abuse and quickly loose it's pimpyness. Of course this is the case for the onewheel already as you pointed out so maybe people would appreciate the ride improvement enough to spend the likely $200+ that it would cost me to realistically produce these. I'm still testing prototypes to get it totally dialed before I attempt to sell and don't have expectations to make any money but just want to see the sport and equipment evolve!

• @dalisdair with regards to the flatcave vs. Parabolic and so on. The flatcave is definitely the most conducive to the sensor swap and allowing the sensor to function properly. I'm not ruling out the other shapes but the flatcave works great with the sensor and cradles the toes and heals in a way that is oh so nice! For me it is a vast improvement over stock. I will never go back to the flat rectangle!

• @ashewheeler Go on, rub it in!

• @thegreck sorry that was a little bit mean! The only reason I would go back to rectangle is to be able to use your clever side handle!

• @ashewheeler

I think your stuff is great, when I mentioning pimping I thought you were suggesting exotic woods. I may have misunderstood. I love cocobolo, but wouldn't pay to put it on my Onewheel, Somebody else might, even if it did get ripped up a bit.

• I really need a new footpad with more sensitive larger blue print where can i buy this ? I

• @charge360 what size shoe do you wear? Will you spend $200 for diy kit or $300 for sensor and grip tape ready to plug and play. If so I can probably get you one in the coming weeks. Foot size gives me an idea of which concave pattern to use. This would be just natural baltic birch plywood and yellow pine or fir for rails with tongue oil finish very easy to touch up and can be dyed stained or painted as well as commercially rhino lined for an extra $50 or so haven't totally locked that cost in. Anyways let me know if you want one and your foot size and I'll get it started and you can paypal me when it's ready to ship. Cheers

• 8 or 9 us size shoes. have you some photos of your footpad on real world ? I need a full plate foot plate

• @charge360 real world after 6 months of everyday riding woods/street. DIY bedliner was easy to apply but really weak and I'm looking forward to getting a commercial job done on a few of the next prototypes. Going to do a few natural as well for flossing around town and getting turnt! My buddy kenny kicking it with Kool Keith aka doctor octogon, etc.
    0_1476456900834_IMG_20161014_104145_01.jpg 0_1476456942207_IMG_20161014_104111_01.jpg 0_1476456955309_IMG_20161014_104105_01.jpg 0_1476456971839_IMG_20161014_104241_01.jpg 0_1476457000201_IMG_20161014_104123_01.jpg 0_1476457019539_IMG_20161014_104132_01.jpg0_1476457624425_IMG_20161014_104145_01.jpg0_1476460057703_IMG_20161014_111402_01.jpg ![0_1476460084872_IMG_20161014_111350_01.jpg](Uploading 100%)0_1476460599934_IMG_20161014_104052_01.jpg

• @ashewheeler, yea, that last pic is what I'm looking for...check my PM for my crazy idea

• @ashewheeler These decks are the JAM! I have been lucky enough to ride them, and they make a HUGE difference in riding.
    More leverage with larger deck-Easier to turn/carve.
    Less foot fatigue because your foot is working less.
    More confidence because of larger deck

Only negatives are a little heavier(maybe 1 lbs)
    Not as durable-wood prototypes

Don't let Onewheel steal your designs!

• How do I make my pics small enough to upload. It's so annoying. My dumbness I mean. Just bought a new google pixel and I can't upload anything. I used to text them to people and then copy texted version to upload but that's not working now still too big. Is there some kind of converter app or something easy peasy?

• @CarvingUphillAVL thanks Pete! I'm sure FM has a aircraft hanger at area 51 where they are conspiring with the tall whites to build a concave deck out of unobtainium. I am like a Aboriginal riding a piece of bark practicing primitive skills to them. I do have some unpredictable shamanic powers to consider though and I appreciate your added protection! Looking forward to our next ride mane!

• Give us us larger pics!

• I don't have enough privileges to upload pics

• @ashewheeler I think you have to do a special Future Motion photo upload dance first or something. I don't know. I'll do the same steps every time, and sometimes nothing works. They need to implement a real photo uploader. Sometimes it seems like they built this forum on top of a 1990s dial-up bulletin board system (if anyone even remembers those).

• @thegreck for real like way back when the cloud was a forbidden fantasy

• Straight flow lean manufacturing at its finest LOL!!0_1477590695987_IMG_20161027_134430-1024x1365.jpg0_1477590968727_IMG_20161027_135504-1024x1365.jpg